Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to Digital

Options
  • 12-08-2008 3:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard a guy on NewsTalk yesterday talking about some gadget that did this simply,I think he said it was a argus but google turns up nothing.Anybody have any info on such a divice..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

you mean to dvd? Any dvd recorder will have a scart input that you connect to scart out of your vhs. Can't really be any simpler altho if they are not copies from the tv you will have macrovision copy protection issues. Some standalone dvd recorders can get round this. You can probably get dvd recorder with built in vhs maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Dub13 wrote: »
    I heard a guy on NewsTalk yesterday talking about some gadget that this this simply,I think he said it was a argus but google turns up nothing.Anybody have any info on such a divice..?

Have you tried Argos the retailer???

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know that Maplin have a standalone machine on special this month designed for this purpose specifically.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=224007&source=1&DOY=13m8

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There are also USB interfaces so you can get it directly on to your PC if that's any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I think it's Archos you're thinking of, anyway a dvd recorder is the most painless way imo

Advertisement