Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tranfer pics and texts to laptop

• 12-08-2008 3:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭

I'm stuck. Want to wipe down my phone but not lose any text, picture or video. Mobile card reader won't work, and the cable from the phone to the laptop brings up the Nokia Phone Browser icon. When I go in there, I get lost.

All help really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You have the cable and phone, but have you the correct software on your laptop for the phone....try uninstalling the nokia software are reinstalling the correct software for your phone from http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_215671

There's a good bit to it so it's probably best if you look up the instructions on the nokia site...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hmmmm, getting on the case now. Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

http://www.zyb.com is excellent for backing up phone numbers. It makes the transfer to new phone easy. It's free (apart from data used to transfer numbers, but that is minuscule). Texts can also be backed up but I think that costs.

PC Suite is best for pictures etc. You could use blue-tooth if you have it. The cable is best though.

Ok, software updated and machine restarted. Connected and all, but it won't recognise my phone. I click accept use date thing on the phone and a blank file appears, MMC(E:). I'm not transfering numbers/stuff to another phone, I just want it saved in a file on laptop. Kinda sentimental, a bit girly I know, but hey it's just me.

Having a look at pc suite now, fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

rather than going through my computer, open up the nokia pc suite (start->programs->nokia pc suite->nokia pc suite or something like that). it should say if a phone is detected or not. if it's not, click settings->add more phones and follow the instructions

the pc suite has a file manager for browsing through your phone memory and memory card and a backup facility for backing up your messages etc

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    rather than going through my computer, open up the nokia pc suite (start->programs->nokia pc suite->nokia pc suite or something like that). it should say if a phone is detected or not. if it's not, click settings->add more phones and follow the instructions

the pc suite has a file manager for browsing through your phone memory and memory card and a backup facility for backing up your messages etc

It worked. Wohoo. Hven't a clue how I/phone/laptop did it, but it worked. Cheers man

Advertisement