Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Beds?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can someone give me a ball park figure on sites residential properties in this area.

Property in question is one third of an acre presently leased to private club on the banks of the liffey.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 anne65

Property values I should add.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is probably more suited to the Property & Accommodation forum. Mods, feel free to move it back if you don't think it should be there.

Moved from Dublin County West

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its extremely rare for property to come on the market in the Strawberry Beds- but it would be considered a reasonably prestigious address. There is however a property on the market at the moment at the bottom of the hill to Porterstown- so this might be something you might use to gauge property prices (I'll see if I can find a link).

Having driven down the Strawberry Beds this evening- through 2 impromtu rivers and a 100m 15" deep stretch at the Canoe Union- flooding and drainage would be two massive concerns in the area.

Ps- there is an ex-Lord Mayor and other politicians living in the area- who are known to have gone to great lengths to ensure planning permissions were not granted in the area- so I'd be slightly disbelieving of someone offering to sell a site- and if I was interested in it, I'd make 100% certain that any offer was contingent on the granting of necessary permissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

smccarrick wrote: »
    so I'd be slightly disbelieving of someone offering to sell a site- and if I was interested in it, I'd make 100% certain that any offer was contingent on the granting of necessary permissions.
    Agreed, even in the current climate I wouldn't expect to pay under the odds for a site with full FPP here. Sites are still hard to come by in many desirable parts of Dublin. The flooding issue would also be a major concern for me here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I wouldn't live there after they put all those ramps along the road. Must be a nightmare living there having to crawl over the ramps every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

My uncle used to live in Sunnymeade. Its the house at the bottom of Porterstown hill. Absolutely beautiful home, I loved it to bits. Massive garden up the hillside.

He found it difficult to sell on a few years ago and had it on the market for a while. During the bad flooding a good few years ago we did have to resort to sandbags and the liffey did pretty much prevent him from getting out so flooding is definately an issue there.

Beyond that I miss the aul place and would have jumped at a chance to own it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

fletch wrote: »
    I wouldn't live there after they put all those ramps along the road. Must be a nightmare living there having to crawl over the ramps every day.

Well- there were a shocking number of motorists zooming down the road at 60-70 miles an hour.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Ps- there is an ex-Lord Mayor and other politicians living in the area- who are known to have gone to great lengths to ensure planning permissions were not granted in the area- so I'd be slightly disbelieving of someone offering to sell a site- and if I was interested in it, I'd make 100% certain that any offer was contingent on the granting of necessary permissions.
    strawberry beds is a conservation area zero chance of planning permissions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well- there were a shocking number of motorists zooming down the road at 60-70 miles an hour.......

They must not care about wrecking the suspension in their cars :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Trying to get out from the three existing side roads on the strawberry beds road used to be dicing with death until the ramps were installed. They might be a pain in the a**e but are worth the hassle to slow down the "test pilots".

Advertisement