Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coconut essence/extract?

• 12-08-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Would anyone know where I might be able to get this?

I've had no luck in supermarkets/health food shops. I've found a place in the UK that will deliver it, but I'd prefer if I didn't have to order it online. (No patience :o)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Could you use something like Malibu, Coconut Cream/Milk, or even Coconut Oil, in lieu of the essence/extract? You could try any of the Asian markets in Dublin, might have some luck there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭VeryBerry

Thanks for your reply. I'll have a look in the Asian markets next time I'm in the city.

I actually wanted to see if I could get away with using the coconut essense as a substitute for things like coconut milk e.g. to flavour natural yogurt in curries etc. Just to try cut down on the saturated fat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

VeryBerry wrote: »
    I actually wanted to see if I could get away with using the coconut essense as a substitute for things like coconut milk e.g. to flavour natural yogurt in curries etc. Just to try cut down on the saturated fat!

Here's a recipe

http://www.netcooks.com/recipes/Miscellaneous/Coconut.Milk.-.Fat.Free.html

Advertisement