Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf and Sea Festival Tramore

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I read an article in the Irish Examiner about a Surf and Sea Festival in Tramore in September - part of it is a girls surfing weekend.
    I'm thinking of signing up for it sounded great, anyone here from Tramore or surf in Tramore, havent been down that way.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think thats being run by Oceanics.. its a new thing. I assumed it was for kids, but I guess not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maddin

It seems there is a ladies only surf weekend as prt of the overall festival which I assume included kids activities article said family day on Sunday.
    The ladies surf weekend is the bit im interested in had pilates indian head massage etc included! just tryin to round up a posse and get more inof now - will contact that place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah so you have all the contact details, just looking to get a group of Boardsies to head down is it?

ya that and what the break in Tramore is like - im not a pro surfer or nothing but wouldnt be a beginner either!

I know nothing at all about surfing im afraid. I just spotted the post and said id come in and offer a helping hand if you had any questions on Tramore! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help - I may come back to u for a bed - well not literally!:D
    maybe i shud put this in waterford?

maddin wrote: »
    Thanks for your help - I may come back to u for a bed - well not literally!:D
    maybe i shud put this in waterford?

If you do decide to come to Tramore, there is plenty to do and see. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions, or check the link in my sig.

If moved to Waterford County you will probably get a response from Deise folk, im not to sure if many people here know anything about Tramore surfing wise :) There are some nice surfing spots just outside of Tramore also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Surf in Tramore can be good but very rarely great, a beach break but doesn't get offshore winds too often, you shouldnt have any problems ability wise, just hope its not a flat weekend

Advertisement