Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Insurance Dublin

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭

Just for anyone who is in renewal time. Hibernian wanted 1500 quid for another year on my car, I rang Aaron insurance after a mate told me about them and it's €945 fully comp with bonus protection!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

soon your insurance will be as cheap as mine mark :p

nice one tho

sure helps calling around

who is it with, im guessing eagle star?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

have you got a website or contact number

• Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can you pm me the details please MarkN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭MarkN

Aaron Insurance 01 4782020 - they're closed now since 5pm.

I actually forgot to ask who it was with but it was windscreen, breakdown, step back, usual stuff, full bonus protection was another 100 quid.

My insurance isn't up for another few weeks so they said just to call back closer to it being up, I wonder will Hibernian match it but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They were my very first broker when I was 22 - the only place I could get insurance on a 1l mini for less than £2500. They were brilliant to deal with, and I used them for a good few years before I got a group scheme elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

MarkN wrote: »
    Just for anyone who is in renewal time. Hibernian wanted 1500 quid for another year on my car, I rang Aaron insurance after a mate told me about them and it's €945 fully comp with bonus protection!

What age are you and what car/engine size do you have

My insurance is up at the end of the month so might give these a ring

26 and a BMW 335 coupe (3.0L). 7 years NCB though (although they only use 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

I dealt with them when i use to work on the broker team in Quinn Direct. Great broker to work with and the staff were very friendly.

always to good to ring about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i have been with arran for the last 4 years, my gf is with them the last 5 years!
    cheapist out there every year for me!

MarkN wrote: »
    26 and a BMW 335 coupe (3.0L). 7 years NCB though (although they only use 5).

Nice motor and cheers i'll be giving these a call in the morning ;)

• Advertisement

Rang them again this morning, the people who wanted to charge me 1500 quid with a lot of discounts thrown in, want to charge me 945 through the broker I mentioned... quite bizarre how it all works ! €300 excess so that's the standard job with Hibernian anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Make sure that you read the terms (i.e. the small print), myself & brother both recently opted to go with Britton Insurance - Broker for (St Pauls) Travellers Insurance.

Great deal, confirmed all the basics: NCB + Protection + Step-back + Windscreen Cover + Breakdown Assit + Annual Mileage Restrictions etc.

This morning my brother received the policy to discover that one of the 'Social Domestic & Pleasure' exceptions is that the policy specifically doesn't cover for commuting to work!

Many phonecalls to follow...

I'm sure it'll be cool but I'll check it out - Hibernian would be one of the best insurers in the country and dodgy small print wouldn't really be included in policies of a company so big I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Travellers are by no means 'a small company'...sorted now they're issuing new policy information with changes.

I saved loads with these guys so pickng through the small print is not that big an issue;
    2.0lt GT Twin Cam Toyota;
    Hibernian quoted €998
    Britton (Travellers) €416

Not Bad ;)

Rang them up they want 745 fullcomp

Quinn wanted 770 TPFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

ok so rang them up just there.

firstly was on hold 5 minutes,
    secondly the woons attitude was dreadfull...fely like hanging up staightaway, se was like a friggin machine!!
    thirdly i could hear in the background about the ngiht b4hand in a pub near croke park..(apparently it was some laff)

ok so heres how it went after a few questions

aaoron: whats the make and model of your car
    me;306 TDI 2 seater VAn
    aaoran we cannot insure you as we classify that as comercially used
    me:i do not use it for work i simply have a huge syste in the back so no room for seats
    aaoron: one second(holding for 2 minutes)
    aaoron:No we still cant insure it..why not try quinn-direct
    me; i am currently with them but i was hopeing yee could do beter
    aaoron:no im afraid we cant.
    Me: o kwell i mputting the seats back in in 2 weeks an then an NCT ,what wud my quote be then
    aaoron: we cannot insured modified cars SIr.
    Me:but tis not.it was a genuine car and took out the seats now im putting them back in and then going for a NCT. its not modified
    aaoron: i sorry its company policy.
    Me:so if i ring back up and start again will u quote me...as your answers dont make sense
    aaoronn: you can try but i doub tyhat will work./
    Me : watever

is tis across all companys??????

aldo i mnot that worried as quinn-direct are giving me a quote of 970euro TPFT with 1 years full licence at 18

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I'm with Aaran for the past year or so as they were the cheapest each time and I shopped around a lot.

One word of caution, if you ever need to cancel your insurance (getting company car, going abroad etc) have a good look at the cancellation charges before signing up, I was going to cancel mine after 6 months to get a company car but they said I would get no refund (paid year in advance) as cancellation charges and penalties came to almost €700.

I can see why they would have some clawback as they would be losing commission but the average cancellation fee through Quinn, Hibernian etc is around €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emma Reynolds

I'm 19 and have my 12 EDT LESSONS done. I have a 2000 ford fiesta and 0 no claims bonus, would aaran insurance be good to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm 19 and have my 12 EDT LESSONS done. I have a 2000 ford fiesta and 0 no claims bonus, would aaran insurance be good to go to?

Thread is 8 years old. Think you're better off looking around and try creating your own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try all the insurers in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504

I am closing this old thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement