Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

child car seat

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a child car seat. It is needed for a baby from 1 yr, front facing. I would like a group 1 seat which is from 9 mths to 4 yrs.
    There is a lot on the market but not sure of what to buy or not to buy.
    The car I have has not got the Isofix fitting by the way.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

There are plenty to choose from alright. We use the Romer Group 1 and find the quality to be very good.

http://www.britax-roemer.de/

BTW the Group 1 is based on weights 9-18kgs - not necessarily age. My young lad was out of Group 1 by 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Both of ours are Britax. reason for choosing was price compared to others and design. Both have high sides near the head to stop the childs head going all over the place in the case of a side impact. Also, try to stick to the 5 point harness versions only and the seat belt is only used to secure the seat and not the child. Models change pretty much every year. Check out the britax website. For a small child you can get the same seat with an insert (like a cosy tose) included in the price. Might need to haggle but it's worth it.

Go shopping with a pen and paper to loads of places. There are very different prices for all of these, even the same brand and model, from place to place. Smyths have a good selection. As a final note, before buying, put it in your car and make sure it actually fits. If it does, leave it in and then pay for it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

have a look at www.tonykealys.com

Advertisement