Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mitsubishi Lancer

Options
  • 12-08-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all, just wondering what the general consensus is on the new lancer?I know if you were looking for performance the Evo would be the one to go for,but performance wouldn't really make any difference for the roads I would be travelling.I mean as a whole package a good car or not?I was looking at the 1.5 version at the weekend and was impressed.Do they hold value well?Any thoughts would be appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

My brother was going to buy one - bought a new Sonata instead.

They look okay - seem like pretty good value! A sheep in wolf's clothing with that 1.5 - but that's no big deal. If you are that way inclined - resale might be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well mitsu did was doing prety bad in ireland market, but now they back with this lancer. And i see more and more of them on roads.

Its hard to say about second hand value, becouse prety much all cars going down very fast. Lancer wount be an exeption m8.

Btw buying a car is not investment, but luxury. You will allways losse money, so buy a car you whant to drive, not the one you whant so sell.

One thing i dont like about thse lancers: only one angine! 1.5! it is really poor choise. I would love one of those lancers with 2.0l or 2.5 non turbo.

Btw buying a car is not investment, but luxury. You will allways losse money, so buy a car you whant to drive, not the one you whant so sell.

the day you buy something is the day you sell it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I like the looks a lot actually. I think it looks like a cross between a Volvo and Alfa (if that makes any sense).

I believe they were always reliable but a bit underpowered and resale was poor. The new model might change that though.

I think 1.5L might be underpowered and they maybe should have introduced a 1.8L as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The fact that there is no diesel engine in the Lancer range and only one trim level is a big mistake by Mitsubishi. They could sell a hell of alot more of them if people had more choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

superjosh9 wrote: »
    My brother was going to buy one - bought a new Sonata instead.

Is he happy with the Sonata?
    I am going to look at pricing one over the next week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

bazz26 wrote: »
    The fact that there is no diesel engine in the Lancer range and only one trim level is a big mistake by Mitsubishi. They could sell a hell of alot more of them if people had more choice.
    Yeah. The choice is very limited and they would sell more if there was a bigger choice. Why have they not offered more choice?

bazz26 wrote: »

I believe there's one coming - is it the VW unit - or did I imagine that!?!

vectra wrote: »
    Is he happy with the Sonata?
    I am going to look at pricing one over the next week or so.

yep - tis a great car. Comes with *everything* - is of the 'does what it says on the tin' type - though it does drive surprisingly well! Also, very easy to drive, good turning circle and visibility. Just a very very good car. And its big too.

So good, in fact, my parents bought one straight after my brother did - and that was replacing a Volvo.

Both are auto btw. For the money, imo, there is little that gets near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The new Lancer is one of the best looking saloons out there for the money . Given Mitsi's reliability they make a good buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

superjosh9 wrote: »
    yep - tis a great car. Comes with *everything* - is of the 'does what it says on the tin' type - though it does drive surprisingly well! Also, very easy to drive, good turning circle and visibility. Just a very very good car. And its big too.

So good, in fact, my parents bought one straight after my brother did - and that was replacing a Volvo.

Both are auto btw. For the money, imo, there is little that gets near it.

Thanks.
    I assume it is the Deluxe model?

vectra wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I assume it is the Deluxe model?

I'm not sure exactly - but I think they are all pretty well speced with leather etc.

Re. the Lancer, I agree it is a good looking car - as Green Hornet mentioned very much like an Alfa and Volvo - which I believe I read somewhere was exactly what the designers were aiming to achieve! Looks like a newer, meaner cross of previous S40 and 156.

Let us know what kind of price you're quoted OP would be interested to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 frangleberry

Thanks for the replies.Going for a test drive and to get a qoute at the weekend.So I'll let you all know how I get on.

Advertisement