Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tapeworm days!

• 12-08-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else have days when they are *starving* all day? Even if I eat lots of good food and drink lots of water I'm still hungry :o It doesn't happen every day, maybe a few days together and then not again for a while. Right now I have eaten porridge, milled flax, smoked salmon on wholemeal bread, salad with ham, a protein shake and I've drank about three litres of water and I could eat a small child right now :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I get like that too, it's SO annoying! I find moving a lot and distracting myself from food helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ponygirl

YES! Totally, I find it very weird. Happens me every week or so... Even if I'm eating plenty of good 'clean' food, there are days when I just can't stop eating and eating and glugging down litres of water. But thankfully, it usually balances out with a day or two when my appetite is low.

I've only noticed this in the last few months since I started exercising more though. Guess it's the body just adjusting/recalibrating itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

It also depends on TOM for women. A couple of days before your period are often tapeworm days, but once it starts, you should return to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Get more good fats in and that will help lots - avocadoes, nuts, seeds all that fails then take some chromium to help with blood sugar levels

Green tea can also help to control blood sugar levels (has an anti-diabetic effect - Pharma Journal Aug 2004)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

God yeah. No matter what your circumstances are I reckon there's just days like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

That only happens to me when I don't eat enough veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It can happen to me about a week before TOM, it doesn't happen every month but bloody hell when it does I literally cannot stop eating and I'll eat anything I can get my hands on.

Also, when the weather turns a little cooler. I noticed it this week when the temperature changed and it got chillier, then I just wanted to eat. I notice it every September that I tend to get hungry and want to eat more. I try to keep myself distracted until it passes but it's damn hard.

Advertisement