Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday flings.... does age matter?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just wondering if there are any single ladies out there, if, when you go on "girlie" holidays and enjoy the usual holiday flings, are bothered by age differences?

Me and my mates go away every year, we are all in our 40's, and quite often end up with guys in their 20's and early 30's. Would you have any problem with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Meh, you're all adults, it's all legal, why worry about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

Ah jeez it's a holiday fling... You're doing well to even know what age they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Meh, you're all adults, it's all legal, why worry about it?

No you're not! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

R0ot wrote: »
    No you're not! :pac:

Wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I agree with Rozabeez.. Your single, its your own business. More power to you IMO..

What goes on tour stays on tour:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Half your age plus 7! :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

Jemmy wrote: »
    Half your age plus 7! :p;)

Half your age plus 2 or subtract 7 depending on the night!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

runningman wrote: »

What never heard that before! lol

im only 23 so subtracting 7 from half my age is just wrong! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shauna_N

Half you age plus 7, I'm ok then! Shall have to continue as I have been! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

Jemmy wrote: »
    What never heard that before! lol

im only 23 so subtracting 7 from half my age is just wrong! :p

I was only messing - 25 so in the same boat as yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭mbren

Hey OP,

Why would you even worry about age if it's only a fling??!!...That's assuming that everyone out in clubs where you pick lads up are over 18!!

By the way, where you going on holidays this year?...that's where I want to go!!
    I'm 24 male here, love holiday flings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Well if I was 40 and single I wouldn't have an issue with a holiday fling with a 20something year old!

I don't see what the problem is, you'll probably never see the guy ever again and there's no way anything more can come out of the brief relationship, might as well go for it.

mbren wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Why would you even worry about age if it's only a fling??!!...That's assuming that everyone out in clubs where you pick lads up are over 18!!

By the way, where you going on holidays this year?...that's where I want to go!!
    I'm 24 male here, love holiday flings!!

LOL Might not suit you as men definitely outnumber the women..... it's Turkey! ;) And when it comes to "picking up", we're usually the ones who get picked up. All we have to do is wait for them to come to us! ;) Next holiday in September.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭mbren

Shauna_N wrote: »
    LOL Might not suit you as men definitely outnumber the women..... it's Turkey! ;) And when it comes to "picking up", we're usually the ones who get picked up. All we have to do is wait for them to come to us! ;) Next holiday in September.....

No point in me going to Turkey anyway...it would be like throwing apples into an orchard bringing lads out there!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Next holiday in September.....

Count me in :D

Holiday flings not my thing.

But doesn't the old logic dictate that a 40 year old woman = an 18 year old man in terms of sex drive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

That's just Cosmo propaganda

I'm 26 and I'm way more promiscuous than I was 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

From what I have read men reach their sexual peak at 19 and women at around 37-42ish so I say screw 'em away. It is holidays like.

Hi, I'm 19...hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

At 19 a guy still has no idea what he is doing. Probably trying to lob it into your leg instead with their 6 strokes of wonder.

Men was mid-ish 20's I thought, before all the joints start to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

runningman wrote: »

Don't forget to apply the add/subtract the mystery number* part!!!

*whether it's added or subtracted and what the number is is decided by the simple absense of sobriety and how this actually applies a further equation to the original one, resulting in an answer that will only make sense to you and you alone, and only while at that exact level of drunkeness.:p

I am left wondering if folks would apply the age of consent of the place they holiday in or of their home, i.e. if you were somewhere with a lower age of consent would you lower your own age requirement to match, or is there a part of you that would just feel that it was still paedophilia regardless of what the local fuzz says on the matter? As AFAIK there are some places in the world with a rather low age of consent by comparisson to the majority of countries (e.g. Japan = 13:eek:).

• Advertisement

Have to say that even with it being a holiday fling, I would draw the line at anyone under 20. But its true what they say, women in their 40's and men in their 20's are equally matched when it comes to what goes on between the sheets (or by the pool, or on the balcony/beach etc.) lol. :D

I don't really see why age should matter in these scenarios. As long as the other person is of legal age then its really a matter of personal preference isnt it. Caring about such things is allowing what other people think to dictate your actions rather than letting your own desires lead you. I personally care very little about what people think of me so thats how I see it. And especially if its only a holiday thing then its purely physical anyway so age is irrelevent.

At 19 a guy still has no idea what he is doing. Probably trying to lob it into your leg instead with their 6 strokes of wonder.

Men was mid-ish 20's I thought, before all the joints start to slow down.

Wonders how old you are? Midish perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TantraKat

Have to say that even with it being a holiday fling, I would draw the line at anyone under 20. But its true what they say, women in their 40's and men in their 20's are equally matched when it comes to what goes on between the sheets (or by the pool, or on the balcony/beach etc.) lol. :D

Hey, sounds a lot like the holidays me and my friends go on too, there's something about those Turkish men, or maybe its the effect of the sun and the vino! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

From what I have read men reach their sexual peak at 19 and women at around 37-42ish so I say screw 'em away. It is holidays like.

Hi, I'm 19...hehehe

What? how . . why? where did this come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

I would say there is no problem with it at all as long as it's not conversation your after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What? how . . why? where did this come from?

I can't actually remember where I read it but I also found similar here

http://www.askmen.com/daily/austin_150/155_fashion_style.html

Advertisement