Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying deposit/reg fee

• 12-08-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

A friend needs to know this, and I thought that I'd ask here.

When you are paying the fee/ putting a deposit etc for a Masters, normally you pay by Bank Giro.
    Are alternate payment mathods acceptable too? (S/He just realised that the closing date was too close to wait for a bank giro to clear).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Well, I think the reason they ask you to use their fees account is to track student numbers along with payments. The only other payments are credit card - or maybe cash? I really doubt the cash idea though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont know. But Ive paid fees before where i was issued a giro via my credit card, it might be worth looking into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

YOu can generally pay by cash, cheque, bank draft or credit card.

If you pay by cheque you just put your name and student number on the back - you'd be amazed how many cheques arrive in from people who get them from their parents and don't remember that their names aren't on it.

Dropping it into admin generally means they keep a good track of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Just realised that the person in question is actually going to DIT next year.

Thread moved from UCD.

Thanks for your replies lads, I'm sure it's the same in all colleges.

Advertisement