Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prized wrestling related item?

• 12-08-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

I know many of you have met wrestlers, collect memorabilia and so on, so what do people have what are your favourite/ favourites etc,pictures are welcome but not required

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

EdK wrote: »
    I know many of you have met wrestlers, collect memorabilia and so on, so what do people have what are your favourite/ favourites etc,pictures are welcome but not required

Most prized id have to say a t shirt from the final ever ecw house shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Signed copies of Hooker & Pure Dynamite. I dont buy merchandise nor am I an autograph seeker in general. I just buy loads of books and DVDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

None yet but hopefully ill get my Hitman book signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have two prized poss. The first being my WWF attitude era championship belt signed by mick foley.
    The second would be something of a quest or a challenge i have set myself is that i have a ECW one night stand jersey from 05, quite oversized (as its XL american).
    But my idea is to have as many ECW originals sign it, as long as they were on any ecw show, whoever.

So far i have:
    Mick Foley
    Kid Kash
    Balls Mahoney
    Raven

And with bretmania coming up in october i am ready to have another two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/WWF-ANNUAL-.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

I've got a copy of this Official annual from 92, signed by Bret Hart- so it's got to be my favourite- though he also signed an old vhs (the bret comp with the flair title win), which is also fantastic.

I have to admit, im a junkie for this stuff, though not as much nowadays. But i love some of the old tapes and magazines I've got. Generally my favs are photos with wrestlers i've had the chance to meet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

This isnt a bragging thread but I am building a nice collection

Signed Pictures of

Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels,Senshi, Ron Killings, AMW, Jerry Lynn

A copy of Hardcore Diaries signed by Mick Foley

A SD Vs Raw poster signed by Helms and Kennedy

A TNA t-shirt signed by Abyss,Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Doug Williams, Jeremy Borash, Sonjay Dutt, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Petey Williams, Hernandez,Homicide, Rhino

A signed copy of William Regal's book

A WWE program signed by Carlito,Lilian, Regal, Snitsky, Victoria, Beth,

And a Wrestlemania 24 chair

I was never an autograph hound but I am beginning to like collecting them

http://cgi.ebay.ie/WWF-ANNUAL-.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

I've got a copy of this Official annual from 92, signed by Bret Hart- so it's got to be my favourite- though he also signed an old vhs (the bret comp with the flair title win), which is also fantastic.

I have to admit, im a junkie for this stuff, though not as much nowadays. But i love some of the old tapes and magazines I've got. Generally my favs are photos with wrestlers i've had the chance to meet though.

Very nice michael.etc... :)
    except the ebay link isnt workin dude?

Signed Pictures of

Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels,Senshi, Ron Killings, AMW, Jerry Lynn

A TNA t-shirt signed by Abyss,Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Doug Williams, Jeremy Borash, Sonjay Dutt, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Petey Williams, Hernandez,Homicide, Rhino

Wow, that's very impressive!

I guess you dont have to be a hound, but as long as they mean something to you is the main thing?

Most of them were in the last near I was usually never lucky enough to meet anybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Mine is probably my signed William Regal book, just cos he took the time out to personalize it "To Gerard". Most WWE signings are really rushed, I just really appreciated him taking the time out to fo that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Mine is definetly this:

5871141783a7019482289l.jpg

The rest of my wonderfully signed memorobilia can be viewed here: http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=5871141783&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=7019392026

Did you buy it from his ebay store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Mine is certainly this
    wwf-no-mercy.518473.jpg
    Never really got the point of memorabilia and I could never imagine paying some washed up fool like Balls Mahoney to sign something. Some of the things up there are genuinely impressive, EDK's TNA shirt for example, but unless you were there and saw an event and then they signed it, I don't see the point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

rovert wrote: »

Nope, got it in person!

Did you seriously just ask that?!

Well that was dumb......

Did you seriously just ask that?!

Well that was dumb......

How is it dumb, exactly? Foley had/has a store within the last year.

WWE made him close it when he re-signed, had some great Foley signed bargains

http://stores.ebay.com/MICK-FOLEY-WRESTLING-STORE

WWE made him close it when he re-signed, had some great Foley signed bargains

http://stores.ebay.com/MICK-FOLEY-WRESTLING-STORE

Which begs the question how was it dumb?

I didnt say it was love

I didnt say it was love

I wasnt referring to you on that one. I was using your post as back up to my question. Sorry for the confusion, petal.

• Advertisement

Which begs the question how was it dumb?

Foley does a signing in easons of April last year, 400 at least turn out, nearly everyone gets the book and something else signed...
    And you ask was it bought on ebay?

I wasnt referring to you on that one. I was using your post as back up to my question. Sorry for the confusion, pettle.

I know tee hee

Foley does a signing in easons of April last year, 400 at least turn out, nearly everyone gets the book and something else signed...
    And you ask was it bought on ebay?

I still fail to see how it is dumb though, Ebay does ship to Ireland you know. He could have bought from Shopzone, Wrestlingmania, a live event etc.

I still fail to see how it is dumb though, Ebay does ship to Ireland you know. He could have bought from Shopzone, Wrestlingmania, a live event etc.

It was dumb because you still asked if he got it off ebay!
    I honestly dont think it would be a "prized wrestling related item" if he had just got it off ebay.
    And to answer your question, i have bought off ebay, and last time i checked, i was in ireland, so yes, yes i did know they shipped here....:cool:

I honestly dont think it would be a "prized wrestling related item" if he had just got it off ebay.

Why so? Have you actually read other answers in this thread?

A prized painting in an art collector's collection doesnt have to be autographed to the collector does it, for example? Ive seen threads like this which people say a classic arcade machine or a replica belt is their most prized Wrestling item.

Why so? Have you actually read other answers in this thread?

A prized painting in an art collector's collection doesnt have to be autographed to the collector does it, for example? Ive seen threads like this which people say a classic arcade machine or a replica belt is their most prized Wrestling item.

I understand that, a prized possession would be something which holds particular meaning to someone..

Im just saying that having it signed by mick and being there in person would hold some more obvious value than just buying it off ebay, thats all im sayin rovert!

I understand that, a prized possession would be something which holds particular meaning to someone..

Im just saying that having it signed by mick and being there in person would hold some more obvious value than just buying it off ebay, thats all im sayin rovert!

No ****, but my question wasnt dumb in the slightest. You are more moderate here than you were in post #22.

but my question wasnt dumb in the slightest.

I have already backed up my reasons for why it was a dumb question.

but now im going to do a thing you seem to have a problem with and letting something go....

I have already backed up my reasons for why it was a dumb question.

But I had more reasonable reasons which you agreed with to say it wasnt a dumb question, which it wasnt.
    but now im going to do a thing you seem to have a problem with and letting something go....

or how about you saying maybe you could have phrased what you said better? As I dont have a problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't think it was a dumb question. It was my initial thought too. I think it'd be kind of cool to buy something directly from Mick. It fits his cheapskate personality so well

I don't know what my most prized item is. Probably a photo of me and Kobashi from the NOAH show in Coventry. Although I've yet to see it, my mate has it on his camera or phone or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Signed Pictures of

This is completely to outdo you bro :D:

T-Shirts signed by Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Matt Morgan, Sonjay Dutt, Dixie Carter, Don West, ODB, Traci Brooks, Earl Hebner, Jimmy Rave, Kaz and Eric Young.

A TNA programme signed by Abyss, AJ Styles, Homicide, Hernandez, James Storm, Kurt Angle, Petey Williams, Rhino, Samoa Joe, Jeremy Borash and Doug Williams.

Signed pictures of Sting, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Abyss, Raven and Nigel McGuinness.

A copy of Undeniable signed by Nigel McGuinness.

A copy of The Best Of Raven signed by Raven.

A signed copy of the Hardcore Diaries by Mick Foley.

A poster signed by Gregory Helms and Mr. Kennedy.

Pictures with Hernandez, Nigel McGuinness, Raven, Daivari (Sheik Abdul Bashir), James Storm and Mick Foley.

Prized thing would be the program (bold).

I've never really understood the big deal with getting stuff signed to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, its pretty cool, hell, when i go to that AWR thing, I'll bring a figure of everyone who has had a figure, and i'll hope to get them all signed, But personally, i think a photograph or just actually even meeting the person is better. I don't understand people going really out of their way to get an autograph. Although everyone is into different stuff (obviously).

Anyway,

My 'prized' possession is a toss-up between two things:

1) My replica intercontinental championship. It was signed by foley, but even if it wasn't, it'd still be my favourite item. I just love that belt. The design is my favourite in WWE history. Its only an adult replica. I may get one of them there "ultra deluxe" replica belts sometime.

2) This probably doesn't count, as its more than one thing, but i have a "real scale" wrestling figure arena set up in my room. It took me forver to get all the different parts for it (ring aprons, titantron, announcer's desks, crowd barrier etc.) and im really, really proud of it. However, seen as it is a combination of lots of things, i don't think it counts.

I collect WWE merchandise though, and i love it all equally :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This probably doesn't count, as its more than one thing, but i have a "real scale" wrestling figure arena set up in my room. It took me forver to get all the different parts for it (ring aprons, titantron, announcer's desks, crowd barrier etc.) and im really, really proud of it. However, seen as it is a combination of lots of things, i don't think it counts.

that sounds pretty impressive dude, do you have a pic?

This is completely to outdo you bro :D:

T-Shirts signed by Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Matt Morgan, Sonjay Dutt, Dixie Carter, Don West, ODB, Traci Brooks, Earl Hebner, Jimmy Rave, Kaz and Eric Young.

Just remember who it was who got them signed at Impact!, to the best of my recollection it wasnt you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My World, Attitude and Undisputed replica belts

Wrestlemania 23 and 24 tickets

Baseball style jerseys for Wrestlemania 17,18,19,20,23 and 24

Wrestlemania 20 limited edition dvd boxset, the one with the ticket laynard, poster,pin and 8x10 photos

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    My World, Attitude and Undisputed replica belts

Wrestlemania 23 and 24 tickets

Baseball style jerseys for Wrestlemania 17,18,19,20,23 and 24

Wrestlemania 20 limited edition dvd boxset, the one with the ticket laynard, poster,pin and 8x10 photos

V. Nice dude!

Did you go to the mania's you have tickets for or is it all ebay etc etc?

Now thats a question that doesnt make sense to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

V. Nice dude!

Were you at any of these 'manias?

i was at 23 and 24, the other stuff was bought off ebay, except the 19 jersey a friend of mine was at it and picked it up when he was there

Now thats a question that doesnt make sense to be fair

Better? ;)

V. Nice dude!

Did you go to the mania's you have tickets for or is it all ebay etc etc?

Some has hacked Comic-Book-Guy's account within the last day or so this cant be the same person as:

:pac:

• Advertisement

Some has hacked Comic-Book-Guy's account within the last day or so this cant be the same person as:

:pac:

There was me thinking that id write that just to keep you off my back, but i guess not..

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Mine is probably a signed WWE magazine by Rey Mysterio,Nick Patrick,Paul London,Teddy Long,Big Show,Kurt Angle and Stone Cold.

Before WWE put the kibosh on Foleys eBay store,I got a personalized signed Cactus Jack tshirt. That was pretty cool.

That or my WM22 (and Raw the night after) tickets.

Before WWE put the kibosh on Foleys eBay store,I got a personalized signed Cactus Jack tshirt. That was pretty cool.

~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The signed photos I got meeting Kobashi and Misawa will be framed and adorn my wall for many years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Mines a signed plaque of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero from WMXX hugging in the ring with the belts. I still get emotional when I look at it

Also have a signed plaque of Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Boss Man,

Have a Guitar signed by the Honky Tonk Man

that sounds pretty impressive dude, do you have a pic?

This is the best i have:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6032-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6003.jpg

I don't really have a picture of the RAW set up though. I took a pic of Punk 'winning the belt' and you can see it in the background kinda:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/000_2619.jpg

undecided.gif

Cool you have the new sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This is the best i have:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6032-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6003.jpg

I don't really have a picture of the RAW set up though. I took a pic of Punk 'winning the belt' and you can see it in the background kinda:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/000_2619.jpg

undecided.gif

thats pretty sweet lookin man! i also love that the raw one even has batista up top like on the actual show! thats attention to detail!!

thats pretty sweet lookin man! i also love that the raw one even has batista up top like on the actual show! thats attention to detail!!

How about the bottle at the bottom right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement