Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prized wrestling related item?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    How about the bottle at the bottom right.

hahaha very nice! really gone all out!! fair play

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate it :)

Any rare/classic/limited run figures?

Any rare/classic/limited run figures?

A fair few Limited Edition and Internet Exclusives. I have Classics, but they're not exactly hard to find. I've been meaning to photograph my collection of stuff for a while, but never got round to doing it properly.

Am i sensing you are a collector of rasslin' figures? :)

Does anyone else actually have any kind of wrestling collection? I remember an old rasslin magazine (World Of Wrestling? I think they were PowerSlam before they were called PowerSlam?) use to have a feature every month where people would show of their merchandise. I always found it very interesting to see what people have.

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Mines a signed plaque of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero from WMXX hugging in the ring with the belts. I still get emotional when I look at it

Also have a signed plaque of Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Boss Man,

Have a Guitar signed by the Honky Tonk Man

Did you get those signed in person?

I believe WrestlingMania in dublin also have a signed Honky guitar, just curious as to whether you bought it from them? (they also have the above mentioned plaques i believe?)

A fair few Limited Edition and Internet Exclusives. I have Classics, but they're not exactly hard to find. I've been meaning to photograph my collection of stuff for a while, but never got round to doing it properly.

Am i sensing you are a collector of rasslin' figures? :)

No, but I get a kick out of old school non WWE wrestlers or obscure gimmicks getting a figure. The attention to detail is unreal for the most part. Im still kicking myself I didnt pick up a Triple Pack of the Fabulous Freebirds I was in saws about two years ago.

No, but I get a kick out of old school non WWE wrestlers or obscure gimmicks getting a figure. The attention to detail is unreal for the most part. Im still kicking myself I didnt pick up a Triple Pack of the Fabulous Freebirds I was in saws about two years ago.

These?

3517_figure1.jpg

I will admit, a lot of figures look great, but when you start collecting them or take interest in them, you begin to notice a lot of detail that gets passed on ir is missing from figures. Albeit its not a lot of the time, but sometimes they don't have back designs and so forth :(

These?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

hahaha very nice! really gone all out!! fair play

There is a lot about this set up which KKV hasn't even gotten credit for yet.

The fact that edge is in "street gear", Batista on the ramp, the way both ref and Punk are looking towards where the hard camera would be.
    I don't know if this was deliberate, but Devon Dudley's reaction of shock is possibly my favourite.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have a signed copy of Hardcore Diaries.

Used to have a photo with Ricky Steamboat, but my HDD died and I lost it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Wow some of you have some great stuff..I'm quiet jealous :(...lol.

I only have a couple of prized wrestling related items..my autographed photo of Gangrel that I got after meeting him after a show in 2003. And an postcard autographed by Booker T & Christian from when I met them in Canada in 2005. The reason it's a postcard is because I had absolutely no idea I was going to meet them that day so had nothing else for them to sign. Lol.

It's definitely cool to own those things, but the memories I have of meeting those guys and my brief time talking to them, is far more valuable to me then any possession.

I have a signed Bret Hart Classic figure and a signed Ultimate warrior figure. I also have signed Ultimate Warrior Pictures .

I have a signed Bret Hart Classic figure and a signed Ultimate warrior figure. I also have signed Ultimate Warrior Pictures .

I assume you bought these off ebay?

If not, how big of a hole did it burn in your pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Not really "prized" as they are trown up in the attic someplace, but I have about 90% of all the wwf magazine from 1990-1999

............pity there worth nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Not really "prized" as they are trown up in the attic someplace, but I have about 90% of all the wwf magazine from 1990-1999

I used to love getting magazines as a kid. I remember loving at the time this cover:

mag32.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Am i sensing you are a collector of rasslin' figures? :).

i was for while i used to get at least one a week (2 if i was a very good boy out with mammy in town :pac:) they are all in the attic atm, i know were they are coz the attics converted but they're defo worth sweet fa, i still love my austin figure with the black austin 3:16 tshirt and jeans, coz it was so hard to find when it came out (he came with a ladder for some reason) and i have the old raw is war ring! ah good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Before WWE put the kibosh on Foleys eBay store,I got a personalized signed Cactus Jack tshirt. That was pretty cool.

How is it personalised? Unless Foley signed it in front of me it wouldnt feel personal.
    This is the best i have:
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6032-1.jpg
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6003.jpg
    I don't really have a picture of the RAW set up though. I took a pic of Punk 'winning the belt' and you can see it in the background kinda:
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/000_2619.jpg
    undecided.gif

That is a great collection man, I used to be a sucka for the figures, In Smyths everyweek buying one.

dancor wrote: »
    How is it personalised? Unless Foley signed it in front of me it wouldnt feel personal.

Hella gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I used to love getting magazines as a kid. I remember loving at the time this cover:

mag32.jpg

The pro wrestling illustrated PWI 500's were the best!

Do they still do them?

Do they still do them?

Indeed they do! The cost close to a tenner tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Do they still do them?

I never really got the PWI's. The WWE magazines were always a big thing for me because I'd never get to see the ppv's so getting to see pictures of them was the next best thing.

Advertisement