Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copsewood Aviaries

Options
  • 12-08-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

in Kilmacanogue, has anyone been out to it?

What is it like? Is it worth a visit out there and what kind of animals do they sell there?

Is this the place that has a big parrot on the side of the wall that can be seen from the Dual Carriageway and is on the left 50 yards from the Dual Carriageway with road up to it?

Do they re-home/rescue parrots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Not 100% sure myself about the place, but over the weekend one of their capuchin monkeys got out and onto the N11 and held up traffic. Eventually someone from copsewood came out and caught the monkey with a net, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have been there, some areas of the place seem well run but other areas put me off. Personally I wouldn't go there again but have seen by far a lot worse than there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Ed Drew (who is Copsewood) seems to be quite unpopular some people as he turns out a hell of a lot of birds and the accommodation isn't exactly 5 star for some of the birds but I have bought a good few birds from him in the last few years, and I can honestly say he is very friendly, helpful and knows his stuff. He is very reasonable and will look after you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Can you just stop by and take a look around, is it open to the public?

Are tere any other aviaries like this that you can just stop in and have a look at the parrots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

The aviaries are open to the public on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays... Well worth a visit! He always has plenty of stock for sale too from finches to macaws.

I personally don't know of any other places in the Republic like Copsewood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement