Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Food

• 12-08-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any restaurants that do good german food

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm afraid not, but if you find one - please let me know.

Ich liebe totes Schwein und gutes Bier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I really don't think there is, and I'd love to find one. We usually DIY with the help of Lidl/Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I do, but it's in New Zealand. Sorry!

I love German/Austrian food too. Although whenever we go to Austria I always come back feeling a bit crap because Vegetables don't seem to be a big thing in the meals you eat in restaurants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

When I lived in Dublin I often thought about opening a German restaurant or cafe but I really don't think there's any call for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

KTRIC wrote: »
    When I lived in Dublin I often thought about opening a German restaurant or cafe but I really don't think there's any call for it.

There isn't, because German food sucks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know of any, but I wish someone would open a bakery making good bread, German and other.
    Kurbiskernbrot....mmmm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

aidan24326 wrote: »
    There isn't, because German food sucks!
    Yep. Although a big sausage in a bun is tasty and filling. Usually german food only ticks one of these boxes(imo)and it's not the tasty box.
    As for german bread in Dublin the nearest you'll get for freshly baked is the Bretzel bakery off Camden st. Also known as The Jewish Baker. Very nice bakery and well worth supporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

im just back from munich and i can assure you that german food does not suck, i had some lovely pork and viel over there and of course the beer was super

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nothing beats a good Schweinehaxe with raw horseradish on the side.
    Eisbein3.jpg

That's not to mention all of the wursts (especially currywurst mit pommes), the Schweinebrotchen, a good ol' fashioned grillteller, liver dumplings, sauerkraut, half a roast chicken & a pretzel, matjes & finally - good ol' Reibekuchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Oh feck it, now I'm hungry.

I know where I'm having dinner now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

ohhh the meat just falls off the bone! Heading to Hamburg in three weeks :) I know what I'm having for dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

the currywurst with potato pancakes is fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Speer

[quote=
    aidan
    24326;56888916]There isn't, because German food sucks![/quote]Yeah,I bet you're a well travelled culinary expert.

Advertisement