Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need a Multi-region DVD player

• 12-08-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

The situation is that I have a PS3 that I use for watching normal Region 2 dvds and Blu-ray films. However I want to be able to watch non Region 2 dvd's (most likely Region 1).

I've checked Argos and they don't seem to have any multi-region dvd players and neither does it seem, do DID electrical. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen them for sale in Tesco or Dunnes or anything recently? The purchasing fever has set in so I'm almost obsessed with sorting this out tonight :)

I don't really want to spend a lot of money on one, although I don't fancy paying money for something that only works 5% of the time, if at all. I know I could buy a region 2 player and try to unlock it but I reckon I could end up spending ages trying to find one thats for sale, and for which I can get an unlocking code and then not even be sure the unlock code works until its too late.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Online is the way to go, you can unlock most Phillips DVD players using the remote control pretty simply. Try www.pixmania.com or if you're near a Phillips shop then try there. The sales staff will either give you the code or unlock it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just an FYI. I picked up a DVD player today for 44 eur. I had checked the make and model online beforehand to see if there was a hack for it, which there was. I got home anyway and used the hack and it worked.

As a test, I had a Region 1 dvd that I tried in the player when I got it and it wouldn't play, but after the hack, both it and my region 2 discs played without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i dont know how much you want to spend on a dvd player but all of ours can be made multi region for ya

http://www.allianceelectric.ie/dvdplayer.htm

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24 de-dan

some of the tosh hd-dvd players can be made multiregion and upscale to boot... and you can pick up loads of good discs for pittance at the mo on ebay, thehut, and on avforums

Advertisement