Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Only Thing You Need To Know About UL Is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

ninty9er wrote: »
    As mass has ended maybe we should go to love and serve the Don/Lodge:D:D

And no NOT you "The Don"

There's a new nightclub in Limerick....Angel Lane...it's 21s but I imagine there will be student nights. It shits on Trooms

What has a place called Angel Lane got to do with the Don?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

sorry new to boards might have miss posted .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Don wrote: »
    What has a place called Angel Lane got to do with the Don?

It was a general pointer on the article which mentioned the other clubs but not the Lane.

ninty9er wrote: »
    It was a general pointer on the article which mentioned the other clubs but not the Lane.

Ok :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Are there many (or any) clubs in Limerick that play metal or rock rather than the DJ Tiesto-style crap they play in most places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Teshtoe is fecking brilliant, what are ya on about?! :D

As per the guide > The weird clubs will find you...

Otherwise, Trooms has a front room that usually has some sort of pretender band that play the usual pretender kings of lyon/arctic monkeys/rage stuff.

Are there many (or any) clubs in Limerick that play metal or rock rather than the DJ Tiesto-style crap they play in most places?

Costello's, if its still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »
    Did I text you with my uber smooth Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan style "You've got mail" text yesterday? I can't remember if I sent it or not. :confused:
    Nope. Unless you sent it to the wrong number. That'd be funny.
    klong wrote: »
    Working on article no. 2 at the moment...could be a wee while due to my constant state of excitedness regarding repeats :pac:

Have ideas for a few more if you want to hear them...
    Fire away with ideas; I'm all open to suggestions. Mightn't run with them all but I'll listen patiently and give you a cookie for your efforts!!

Tis that...Good ol' 'Stellos place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Nope. Unless you sent it to the wrong number. That'd be funny.

Fire away with ideas; I'm all open to suggestions. Mightn't run with them all but I'll listen patiently and give you a cookie for your efforts!!

Tis that...Good ol' 'Stellos place!

Just got a look at Pulse, a mighty fine effort bd, keep up the good work!

cson...had forgotten how funny your piece was, will we be hearing more from you in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Still going strong.

Great spot on a thursday now that students are back. Usually a fiver in iirc. Be warned though, if its your first time going there - prepare to be disgusted at how dirty the place is! When was the last time the carpets were actually cleaned in there?! :eek:

• Advertisement

dK1NG wrote: »
    Still going strong.

Great spot on a thursday now that students are back. Usually a fiver in iirc. Be warned though, if its your first time going there - prepare to be disgusted at how dirty the place is! When was the last time the carpets were actually cleaned in there?! :eek:

Was there on Monday. The place has gone pretty mainstream since I was last there.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yeah, The dj in there told someone i know to "go f**k themselves" for trying to request a song.

Oh, and don't get me started on the ceader house takeaway driver who gave out to me for not giving him a big enough tip...WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭McGetty

WTF indeed. I've never tipped a takeaway driver a penny and haven't heard a word from any of them about it. I have had trouble with the Cedars drivers before, though, usually bitching about me taking too long to come down (when I lived on the top floor of a block down the far side of Dromroe and he would be up at village reception and only ring me when he had already arrived, ffs). Then one time the driver actually came to the door of the block for some reason and started buzzing the door. And since we never answered the buzzer (on account of the dozens of twats who just went around buzzing every door like crazy) he just kept buzzing and buzzing until my housemate picked up the phone and screamed "PISS OFF" into it and hung up. At which point the driver actually rang me to let me know he was down there. Yeah, he wasn't a happy camper.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

But their pizza is so delicious it makes it all irrelevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

I have to agree it's great alright.

I'm just afraid the delivery guy will recognise my name/number and piss all over the pizza or something like that next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

What you need to know is:

If you live in kilmurry/oaklawns/ellen park your nearest offlicense is fine wines next to superdine

If you live in plassy/ milford/ certain parts of collage court champers is your neares offlicence

If you live in collage court fine wines near chawks is the nearest

If you live in groody or further out that road the off license next to groodybar is your best bet

dK1NG wrote: »
    Still going strong.

Ya but you dont go to Costellos for the decore. You go for the good music and cheap drink. Seriously their the only place I know in limerick that still sell cans! (well unless you count the hurlers takaway service!);)

rosgirl wrote: »
    Ya but you dont go to Costellos for the decore. You go for the good music and cheap drink. Seriously their the only place I know in limerick that still sell cans! (well unless you count the hurlers takaway service!);)

The last time I was there the music wasn't all that I had hoped. Think that they got a new dj.

The last time I was there the music wasn't all that I had hoped. Think that they got a new dj.

Oh no thats terrible news although it does depend on the night ya go.

I hope a new dj hasnt snuck in and ruined the place while ive been away on tp!:confused:

Oh no thats terrible news although it does depend on the night ya go.

I hope a new dj hasnt snuck in and ruined the place while ive been away on tp!:confused:

I hope your right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

If you live in collage court fine wines near chawks is the nearest

Maxol you mean? Chawkes is a bit of a long walk when Fine Wines at Maxol is just 10 minutes away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Maxol you mean? Chawkes is a bit of a long walk when Fine Wines at Maxol is just 10 minutes away.

Aye fine wines or Champers is closer if your living in College Court.

This new fangled Collage Court though, I dunno, must be some artsy place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

If you live in groody or further out that road the off license next to groodybar is your best bet

Ya its called ''Next Door'' can be a bit expensive at times

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Especially after that pirate hooker Lenihan put 50 cent on the price of Buckfast in his "budget". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

did anyone here go to UL on their own.... would anyone be able to give information regarding is it hard to meet people,is their social evenings on often,... any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I didn't know that many people before going to ul (new nobody in my course)

Join a club or society or become a class rep... its a great way to make friends, you'll meet kinds of wierd and wonderful people

Be daring... sign up for random things, do things that are bizzare and people will take notice of you. For example, loads of people on campus know me as the "free hug guy" rather than by my actual name

cheers baz thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Go to a BULBS, perhaps? Tell us about yourself, maybe one of us is in your course.

:thanks but im still in school... just worrying about college...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

No need to worry, most people don't know anyone going to college with them before they start... in fact its probably better that way (being with your friends often stops people making new friends)

Advertisement