Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Only Thing You Need To Know About UL Is...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Costellos FTW!!! :pac: and the lodge on a sunday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just wondering about the workspace on computers in college, (you know when you go into the C drive), there always seems to be loads of other peoples things in there, do they not get deleted at night?

Would it not be handy in the info was stored on your account and not on the computer.

Also if I was to say store quake 3 on a computer in the workspace would I only be able to access it from that computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just wondering about the workspace on computers in college, (you know when you go into the C drive), there always seems to be loads of other peoples things in there, do they not get deleted at night?

Would it not be handy in the info was stored on your account and not on the computer.

Also if I was to say store quake 3 on a computer in the workspace would I only be able to access it from that computer.

The workspace gets wiped every so often, could be every few days or every few weeks.

Anything stored in the workspace can only be accessed from that PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Hi id like to ask your opinion on something... How safe do you guys feel living in limerick,Ye often hear negative things regarding safety in limerick so id like to find out first hand...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Well I survived!! Do I get one of those awards now?!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Most of what you hear is just hype.. Like every city im sure there are rough enough parts here and there..

Iv never had a problem though so id say its ok :)

Diamond007 wrote: »
    Most of what you hear is just hype.. Like every city im sure there are rough enough parts here and there..

Iv never had a problem though so id say its ok :)
    Ya its all media hype, Limerick is no worse than any other city in ireland and a lot safer than dublin, its problems are generally confined to a few estates (which you'll be happy to know are no where near UL, now LIT on the other hand...)

I've been living in limerick city 3 months now and I honestly not seen one bad thing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

thanks thats what i assumed was just making sure... damn journalists:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

... and that's part of the reason things are set up the way they are with no roaming profiles, tiny email allowance, wiped common storage areas and crappy profile limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

poisonated wrote: »
    Hi id like to ask your opinion on something... How safe do you guys feel living in limerick,Ye often hear negative things regarding safety in limerick so id like to find out first hand...thanks
    Ya its all media hype, Limerick is no worse than any other city in ireland and a lot safer than dublin, its problems are generally confined to a few estates (which you'll be happy to know are no where near UL, now LIT on the other hand...)

I was around Limerick for 6 years and never saw any trouble. Some nights after been out in town I used to walk back to castletroy and never came across any trouble. Still, there are places I wouldn't have gone to in the day let alone at night but everyone knows that about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

poisonated wrote: »

Ah now!

Born, bred and reared in The City.

You gotta watch yourself, like in any other place...but I wouldn't change it for the world!

sceptre wrote: »
    ... and that's part of the reason things are set up the way they are with no roaming profiles, tiny email allowance, wiped common storage areas and crappy profile limits.
    Ya I know thats why I found it funny when I found doom 3 in one of the computers in kemmy business school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I've been living in limerick city 3 months now and I honestly not seen one bad thing at all.

Crap like this just makes my blood boil tbh. :mad:

Sorry mate I didn't mean to annoy ya

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

im a fresher in ul,and a newb to boards.ie and i have to say this thread is probably the best one ive come across for advice n stuff,cheers lads,doing a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

One thing you need to know about UL is that you should under no circumstances do HPSS. You'll never get a job (maybe a masters) but never a job. Do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Would you ever stop playing that same old record!?
    I think we get that HPSS is useless according to yourself!

As for feeling safe when out in Limerick, I've never had any problems whatsoever and I feel no less safe when out in Limerick than I would back in Cork.
    Media Hype indeed. Just keep your wits about you like any other place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

mrmanire wrote: »
    One thing you need to know about UL is that you should under no circumstances do HPSS. You'll never get a job (maybe a masters) but never a job. Do business.

Could you keep it to the one thread? Thank you kindly. :rolleyes:

Advertisement