Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any traffic disruption?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 7:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on heading to Total Fitness in Castelknocok from Finglas,via ballycoolinn.Does anybody know if any of those roads are flooded(my car is not made for fording lakes)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

river road flooded again so all the traffic will be heading your route. might not be flooded but traffic will be shit as diversions will be in place.

Take a night off and have a few mars bars watching cornation street. gowan!

edit: N3 is also closed from blanch to castleknock

M50 southbound from Finglas junction also down to one lane now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Your probably gone and all Degsy but your best bet would be to head down the m50 southbound and get off at Blanch. The n3 is only closed from the roundabout at total fitness to Blanch Shopping Centre, so you can get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hey anyone know if M1 heading towards balbriggan is ok or flooded like so many other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Came down by the Strawberry beds at about 4.30 this evevning and at one part just after the Metal footbridge there was what looked like a muddy river flowing down from the hillside across the road and into the liffy looks like there could be serious flooding on the beds if this rain keeps up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just got back via the m50.
    It took 40 minutes from the castleknock roundabout to the finglas exit.
    The road is flooded halfway up and although they're clearing it,traffic heading north is crawling.
    Traffic heading south is backed up from the blanch exit all the way back to the finglas exit.Avoid that part of the m50 for the moment.
    On the way in i took the back road from cappagh hopsital,thats flooded but WAS passable..i dont know what its like now,water seems to be pouring upwards from a burst drain or something.
    The ballycoolin diversion again was just about passable but the car was spluttering like a mo'fo' going through.
    N2 seemed quiet enough,i think anybody with sense was at home!

• Advertisement
Advertisement