Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rexisms

Options
  • 12-08-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

Ok seen as the thread is getting a good respose in the eviction spoiler we should move it here to stop cluttering and derailing it.

So any funny Rex quotes stick them in here. I will get the ball rolling with the ones i posted in there.

Rex: "Did Jade win?"
    Dale: "No"
    Rex: "You wont win then Bex"

"Luke, we're voting for Head of House, if we were voting for bottom, we'd vote for you"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Rex: Bex, how old's your sister?
    Bex: 19
    Rex: Has she ever been out (on the town) with you?
    Bex: Yes
    Rex: Was she appalled?

Bex: "Have you ever heard of Coventry then, Rex?"
    Rex: "Yes, on Crimewatch UK."

"Can the geek and the freak keep it down, please?"
    Rex, talking to Rebecca and Luke

"I once applied to be God, but the interview went bad when i naively used his son as a reference on my CV"

Boys all sitting around the garden talking about tv channels and ratings.
    Rex: I only watch channel 4.
    Consciously looks at camera and gives cheesy salesman grin.

To Rachel jogging ... 'it's not working is it?'

Rebecca, Luke and Rex in the Bathroom with Bex in the bath
    REX: "Go on Bex, do something absolutely disgusting..."
    Rebecca: 'Shall I **** in the bath?"
    REX: (sings) "She's a lady, whoa whoa whao she's a lady..."

Rach defending Kat in the time task" Youu shouldn't single people out individual for failing the task."
    Rex " Why not?"

Lisa: BelindaBelindaBelinda was a character wasn't she.
    Rex: No.

In front of Sara: "We had 3 chances to get a good hm and they were all just rrrrubbish!"

BB "what would you do if you were hoh?"
    Rex "when doing the shopping budget I would order all one thing. when they ask me have you got this and that i will say yes and of course, but then imagine their faces when they open the store room and find 700 cans of tuna..... now that is what I call funny"

to rachel
    "i would swap you for scrabble"

BB: Can Sara come to the DR
    Group: it will be because of the egg fight
    Sara: What happens if I don't come back?
    Rex: Bye....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Feck sake, I missed most of these, they're absolute jems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

The best was when Stu was talking about how he was missing his daughter and Rex goes " You can tuck me into bed and read me stories if you like"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

jimbo78 wrote: »
    The best was when Stu was talking about how he was missing his daughter and Rex goes " You can tuck me into bed and read me stories if you like"

Thats quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Neither him, or his isms, are a patch on the great Facilitator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"I was like 'Shut up you dirty tramp'" - Rex on Sara.

So funny. Truly Oscar Wilde-like wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

"I was like 'Shut up you dirty tramp'" - Rex on Sara.

So funny. Truly Oscar Wilde-like wit.

Well you know what they say about sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You could take offence at that mng if you didn't like him. If i was Sara I would've laughed and said 'f**k off you, you cheeky b******!':D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

zuroph wrote: »
    to rachel
    "i would swap you for scrabble"

:D classic

quote of the series

ahahaha, just now on the show, rex and nicole in bed.. think he's getting a handjob... Big brother calls him!
    "Can rex come to the diary room?"
    "nope..."
    waits a minute for boner to go down, get out, adjusts himself, then heads to get pants.
    LOLOL

• Advertisement

ahahaha, just now on the show, rex and nicole in bed.. think he's getting a handjob... Big brother calls him!
    "Can rex come to the diary room?"
    "nope..."
    waits a minute for boner to go down, get out, adjusts himself, then heads to get pants.
    LOLOL

The writers of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Black Books, and Monthy Python will all be hitting themselves over the head that they didn't come up with such 'LOL' material.

:rolleyes:

point is BB usually say "would" not "can"...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What would be really funny would be if BB sent in Mario or maybe Rachel's boyfriend. Then you'd hear Rexisms like...

"I think I'm going to get my face smashed in."

I'd laugh at that. :pac:

What would be really funny would be if BB sent in Mario or maybe Rachel's boyfriend. Then you'd hear Rexisms like...

And Rex is suppose to be the nasty one!

Too true. When Super M was in there, Rex was noticably alot quieter, and you never saw him having a pop at Lisa.

The chap is just an out and out coward. He only ever has a go at those who he sees as being weak or unable to do anything about it (i.e. Rachel, Mo, Mikey). Notice how he ever wisecracks Darnell, a chap who has shown he takes no bs, or musclemen Stu and Mario, two blokes rex kows would give his a physical pwning.

I can appreciate that the bloke has come out with a few good one liners. But any lolz that I get out of these, are severly negated by the fact that the chap is; constantly moaning (turning into Puke mk II), picking on his own suppossed 'mates', unbelievably selfish, and just a general twat.

i pick on my mates all the time too. thankfully they're welladjusted enough to be able to deal with it.

i pick on my mates all the time too. thankfully they're welladjusted enough to be able to deal with it.

I've heard this argument before and it doesn't wash.

Being a bloke in my early 20's, my mates and I often rib eachother. However, its only ever ribbing if it is mutual. If one person is constantly having a go and putting down another, without a response, that is bullying. Me and my mates take the piss out of eachother all of the time. However, I would never bring it to the level of just constantly sniping at one of them, unprovoked, and with them never really having a go back at me. That would just be pathetic. Rex has been guilty of this with Rachel and Mo.

Seriously, i'm quite suprised that people on this forum use this excuse, and I have seen the same people have a go at housemates like Jen and Luke, when in theory, the whole 'he's having a laugh, relax' thing could be applied to them if it has been to Rex.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Maybe thats because you are Mates , and know each other and how your Mates will react to ribbing.
    Don't forget that Rachel did not even know Rex existed untill just over 2 month's ago.
    Your mates know you well enough to know you are not being offencive , which is not the position that Rachel is in, everyone can take a ribbing from their mates because they are mates.
    Rachel has never held it against Rex as far as I can see by what I have watched which goes to show she is a better person than he will ever be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Notice how he never wisecracks Darnell, a chap who has shown he takes no bs

This bit is definitely not true - Rex has given Darnell plenty of shtick over the Sara thing, but Darnell has taken it well (high-fived Rex on one occasion saying 'you sure know how to press my buttons').

This isnt a Rex bashing thread its suppose to be about the funny comments he has come out with.

• Advertisement

This is pretty good

This bit is definitely not true - Rex has given Darnell plenty of shtick over the Sara thing, but Darnell has taken it well (high-fived Rex on one occasion saying 'you sure know how to press my buttons').

That's because Darnell himself brings the Sara thing up. You never see Rex having a go at Darnell with the venom, consistency, or frequency as he does with Rachel and Mo.

Ah come on-'venom?' That's a shockin' strong word. I thought you were a genius yesterday.:confused::p
    Tylerdurden that was a great wee clip.:D

he holds no venom against mo, he likes him, he's said this, hes just ribbing him. and he just doesnt trust rachel, thats his opinion and he's entitled to it.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Ah come on-'venom?' That's a shockin' strong word. I thought you were a genius yesterday.:confused::p
    Tylerdurden that was a great wee clip.:D

Well I think he was pretty venomous in this attack

However, he dresses things up in smarmy remarks etc. but at the core of it, he is belittling and undermining a person, in front of others, and essentially calling them a fake and a liar, when that person has been nothing but nice to him. He might not be f'in and blindin, or coming out with 'memba I told you's, but I think that incident was a pretty venomous attack.

he holds no venom against mo, he likes him, he's said this, hes just ribbing him. and he just doesnt trust rachel, thats his opinion and he's entitled to it.

With Mo, he is always having a go at him. Whether it be about food, or constantly calling him lazy and selfish, around others. This is the bloke that got spat on for sticking up for Rex, when no one else would.

Also, ever notice how Rex has never defended or stuck up for Mo when he was getting grief from Alex, Bex, Dennis etc. Hell, he didn't even seemed all that bothered on fight night. It was Mario that stuck up for him, and made Rex look like quite the little boy, who only seemed concerned about sh/ting on about how he didn't ruin Jen's painting.

"I think you are very different to who u were before you came into the house... You dont speak your mind....I think you've got more to hide...I never said ur an arsehole, i just think your "being" someone to try to get to the final....why are you getting upset, its just a conversation...i didnt mean to upset you...im apologising...big brother is all about people analysing each other"

if that is "venomous" then you really do lead a sheltered life. he keeps his voice down, explains why he feels the way he like shes hiding something, explains it calmly, and even apologises to her when she gets upset at it.

seriously, theres no venom there, id have a lot more respect for someone if they didnt like me if they explained it that calmly to me why and gave me an opportunity to debate it with them.

With Mo, he is always having a go at him. Whether it be about food, or constantly calling him lazy and selfish, around others. This is the bloke that got spat on for sticking up for Rex, when no one else would.
    Mo is selfish and lazy, and i'd say it to him too, but aside from that, they get on very well. you've never told ur mates about little things that annoy you about them or their behaviour? If people are open and honest with each other they can gain a much better bond.

Also, ever notice how Rex has never defended or stuck up for Mo when he was getting grief from Alex, Bex, Dennis etc.
    Who was Luke giving out about when Rex told him to stop slagging off other housemates?-I thought it was Mo-maybe i'm wrong. He also told Mikey not to pour water on him. He does call him lazy and greedy but he says it to his face.

• Advertisement

Mo is selfish and lazy, and i'd say it to him too, but aside from that, they get on very well. you've never told ur mates about little things that annoy you about them or their behaviour? If people are open and honest with each other they can gain a much better bond.

Theres a difference between telling someone they are annoying you, and trying to rectify it, and constantly putting someone down, who never have done anything but be a mate to you.
    "I think you are very different to who u were before you came into the house... You dont speak your mind....I think you've got more to hide...I never said ur an arsehole, i just think your "being" someone to try to get to the final....why are you getting upset, its just a conversation...i didnt mean to upset you...im apologising...big brother is all about people analysing each other"

if that is "venomous" then you really do lead a sheltered life. he keeps his voice down, explains why he feels the way he like shes hiding something, explains it calmly, and even apologises to her when she gets upset at it.

seriously, theres no venom there, id have a lot more respect for someone if they didnt like me if they explained it that calmly to me why and gave me an opportunity to debate it with them.

I can assure you that I don't live a sheltered life, but thank you for the concern. Perhaps though you should question whether your life is sheltered, as you seem to see things in black and white, and not read between the lines of someones behavior.

I like the way you quote the text, therefore taking it out of its context, and trying to paint things in black and white. Generally, some of the most snide and venomous people I have encountered in life aren't the types who scream and shout. They are calculated, and will try and make sly remarks and certain times, picking on a person like a vulture.

Rex only apologizes when he realises he has gone too far. Not the first time he has done something without thinking about the consequences, only to offer an apology later when the damage is done.

Advertisement