Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rexisms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ah , right I am with ya now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Rex: GET NICOLE OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

rex: last time, I wanted you to go rachel
    Rachel: I know, I respect that you're entitled to an opinion
    Rex: its not an opinion, its a deep hatred
    Rachel: Im glad you'd tell me to my face!
    Rex: I've been talking about you behind your back too!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

(Upon hearing Nicole get booed...)

Rex: "Haha I think it's funny!"

(Later in the diary room)

Rex: "Obviously it hurts seeing someone you love get booed."

Least he's consistent.

My recent favourite...

Rex: "Nicole, I spent £150 on the shopping budget just for you."

Whipped. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

(Upon hearing Nicole get booed...)

Rex: "Haha I think it's funny!"

(Later in the diary room)

Rex: "Obviously it hurts seeing someone you love get booed."

Least he's consistent.

My recent favourite...

Rex: "Nicole, I spent £150 on the shopping budget just for you."

Whipped. :D

Rex rarely tells people whats really going on in his head, I don't think anyone believed he genuinely thought Nicole being booed was funny, think he was quite shocked really and didn't know how to react. I wouldn't class those comments as Rexisms by the way. I thought this was a light hearted thread not an 'isn't rex is a bollox' one.:)

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Rex rarely tells people whats really going on in his head, I don't think anyone believed he genuinely thought Nicole being booed was funny, think he was quite shocked really and didn't know how to react. I wouldn't class those comments as Rexisms by the way. I thought this was a light hearted thread not an 'isn't rex is a bollox' one.:)

I thought Rex was supposed to be honest? Isn't that what we're all told to believe? ;) I'd say they are Rexisms in the sense that I feel they capture the true essence of the man. :pac:

This isnt a Rex bashing thread its suppose to be about the funny comments he has come out with.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Mr Nice Guy this as i have said isnt a Rex bashing thread if you would like to do that feel free in starting your own thread on that subject.

Please keep inline in what it was intended for.

Rex: GET NICOLE OUT!

I actually thought that was brilliance :D

Rachel: "the public are very good there very clever there very fair"

Rex: "oh no there fcuking not"

:pac: :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Rebecca: "Have you ever heard of Coventry then, Rex?"
    Rex: "Yes, on Crimewatch UK."

Good one, Rex. Stick to being funny and less of the other ****e!!!;)

Mr Nice Guy this as i have said isnt a Rex bashing thread if you would like to do that feel free in starting your own thread on that subject.

Please keep inline in what it was intended for.

It's a 'Rexisms' thread as I understand it and according to you...
    any funny Rex quotes stick them in here

I find the Rex quotes I posted funny. Different strokes for different folks.

It's a 'Rexisms' thread as I understand it and according to you...

I find the Rex quotes I posted funny. Different strokes for different folks.

Yes it about Rexisms, but your post was just another chance to get a dig in nothing else.

Once again please respect why this thread was started.

Yes it about Rexisms, but your post was just another chance to get a dig in nothing else.

Once again please respect why this thread was started.

Nothing wrong with laughing at the guy's stupidity surely? I didn't realise it was a thread solely for Rex fans. Fair enough if it's a cheer-leader thread for the guy then I'll definitely have to make myself scarce. :pac:

rex fans here. :p

Nothing wrong with laughing at the guy's stupidity surely? I didn't realise it was a thread solely for Rex fans. Fair enough if it's a cheer-leader thread for the guy then I'll definitely have to make myself scarce. :pac:

Nope not just solely for Rex fans anybody is welcomed to post in it once they have something useful to put in towards it.

For the third time now this is not a Rex bashing thread i have highlighted the part were you once again get a dig in, please refrain from this as this is not the intention of this thread.

Nope not just solely for Rex fans anybody is welcomed to post in it once they have something useful to put in towards it.

For the third time now this is not a Rex bashing thread i have highlighted the part were you once again get a dig in, please refrain from this as this is not the intention of this thread.

Listen, I'm not going to lick the guy's backside. I posted quotes from the guy which I considered funny. If the thread is not solely for Rex fans then there's no problem.

There's no need to keep repeating points that you've already made.

Well then stop with your snide and sly comments.

The majority of the people who have posted in here have kept it light heated and funny but you on the other hand cant seem to do that. You have posted one thing that would be considered a Rexism about Rex sayin it was funny that Nicole got booed up until you went on and ruined it with the rest of your post.

I will keep repeating until it becomes clear to you because you cant seem grasp the jist of this thread.

Well then stop with your snide and sly comments.

The majority of the people who have posted in here have kept it light heated and funny but you on the other hand cant seem to do that. You have posted one thing that would be considered a Rexism about Rex sayin it was funny that Nicole got booed up until you went on and ruined it with the rest of your post.

I will keep repeating until it becomes clear to you because you cant seem grasp the jist of this thread.

I think you're acting very childishly. I made no sly or snide comments towards you. I do not like Rex and I found his comments in one of the recent shows to be laughably bad and figured this was the thread to post them in.

I didn't see a mention in your first post that every 'Rexism' needed to reflect glowing praise of the guy.

At the end of the day the threads receive a wide range of comments and frankly I find it a bit sad that you're effectively trying to drive me from this thread because my views on the guy don't match your own. Grow up mate.

PS I don't wish to drive the thread off-topic so if you want to continue this silly stuff you can take it to PM.

I think you're acting very childishly. I made no sly or snide comments towards you. I do not like Rex and I found his comments in one of the recent shows to be laughably bad and figured this was the thread to post them in.

I didn't see a mention in your first post that every 'Rexism' needed to reflect glowing praise of the guy.

At the end of the day the threads receive a wide range of comments and frankly I find it a bit sad that you're effectively trying to drive me from this thread because my views on the guy don't match your own. Grow up mate.

I mean your snide and sly comments towards Rex when you post not me.

Another poster had also questioned you reason for posting in this thread and i feel resposible to keep it in line in what it was intended for as i started it.

I have asked you to respect the reason why this thread was started and this forum has policies put in place with regards posting etiquette and whatnot.

Im not trying to drive you from this thread you can post in it all you want as can anybody but i have asked that it not be turned into a Rex bashing thread if people want to start that thread go right ahead.

I put in it at the start and reiterated later on in the thread that it was started to post up some of the funny quotes he has come up with while being the house.

This is the last im going to say on the topic i hope as i dont want it to get derailed any more.

• Advertisement

Rex: those boards.ie guys are dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

zuroph wrote: »

lol

zuroph wrote: »

Brilliant :D

clapping.GIF

I really enjoy this thread and fully understand why it was set up. I for one can see when Rex is out of order and when he's not. However it appears that some folk hate him to such an extent they can't point out anything at all positive about him be that his dry and sometimes hilarious wit.
    To point out something negative he says and try and make out they posted it as they found it funny whereas really they posted it to offoad a load of annoyance is frankly a bit childish. Like Tyler says-there are other threads for that-and I enjoy reading other people's points of view on those threads.. but I read this thread when I feel like a good laugh not to go 'oh no that was so not a nice thing to say'.:(

Talking about Rachel

Mo: "Man she is just like a Disney kid"

Rex: "So annoying somebody put her our of her misery"

:pac:

Ann22 wrote:
    I really enjoy this thread and fully understand why it was set up. I for one can see when Rex is out of order and when he's not. However it appears that some folk hate him to such an extent they can't point out anything at all positive about him be that his dry and sometimes hilarious wit.
    To point out something negative he says and try and make out they posted it as they found it funny whereas really they posted it to offoad a load of annoyance is frankly a bit childish.

Apparently Ann the point of the thread is to have pops at other HMs...
    Talking about Rachel

Mo: "Man she is just like a Disney kid"

Rex: "So annoying somebody put her our of her misery"

:pac:

Apparently everyone's fair game but Rex.

Apparently Ann the point of the thread is to have pops at other HMs...

Yes thats exactly what it is my cunning disguise to have shots at other housemates you have found me out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

As evidenced by the title, this thread is about funny things rex has said, and coincidentally most of what he's said has been about other housemates.

You're more than welcome to start a Kat-ism or Rachel-ism thread if you so wish.

Yes thats exactly what it is my cunning disguise to have shots at other housemates you have found me out :rolleyes:

Your last post was a subtle pop at Rachel's expense. I've no problem with that as I've done the same with Rex but I object to the notion that she and others are fair game but Rex is off limits.
    Sean K wrote:
    As evidenced by the title, this thread is about funny things rex has said, and coincidentally most of what he's said has been about other housemates.

You're more than allowed to start a Kat-ism or Rachel-ism thread if you so wish.

But apparently funny things he says which hurt his own crediblity aren't allowed from what I've been told.

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »

You're more than allowed to start a Kat-ism or Rachel-ism thread if you so wish.

Thank you sir.
    Your last post was a subtle pop at Rachel's expense. I've no problem with that as I've done the same with Rex but I object to the notion that she and others are fair game but Rex is off limits.

Sean K covered it perfect there if you want to go an start you on thread yeah go ahead.

Everything that has been put up by people regarding Rex has been funny and said in jest he doesnt honestly mean she should be put out of misery and be killed.

This thread was intended to be light hearted and funny were people can have a laugh.

Advertisement