Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rexisms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Everything that has been put up by people regarding Rex has been funny and said in jest he doesnt honestly mean she should be put out of misery and be killed.

We know that!
    This thread was intended to be light hearted and funny were people can have a laugh.

Except me.

I get my head bitten off by laughing at his expense instead of at the expense of other HMs.

A load of bollocks tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

We know that!

Except me.

I get my head bitten off by laughing at his expense instead of at the expense of other HMs.

A load of bollocks tbh. :)

No you are more than welcome to post in here but once it is kept to the spirit of why i started this thread.

You said it yourself there "his expense" that is not why i started this there is enough Rex hateing and bashing goin around that i wanted this place to be free from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone got his quote about baking Mikey an invisible cake?

And lolled at his laugh and total lack of concern when Mikey got hit by the baseball.

Edit : I had baseball BAT instead of baseball, wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mikey - "Well what are we going to eat Rex?"
    Rex - "Tell you what Mikey, ill make you an invisible chicken and you can make me a mystical magical chocolate cake and then we can trade?"

the thread is for quotable quotes displaying rexs wit. not moning about him.

And lolled at his laugh and total lack of concern when Mikey got hit by the baseball.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiP9wY8rfk&feature=related

• Advertisement

I still break out laughing when i see that its brilliant, Mo is such a clumsy fcuker!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Rex to Darnell : Your cruising for a bruising.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Haven't seen too much of this thread of late as I had to polish off a dissertation, but anyway, there is some absolute nonesense being spouted here and I am suprised a few infractions haven't been doled out.

Everyone has a an equal right to post on this thread. The implied claims of ownership by some are laughable at the least, and at most, a violation of the charter. :rolleyes: You see this all the time in the soccer forum with certain fans thinking certain threads 'belong' to them, and it is something which is not tolerated.

Yes the thread is about Rexisms, but I fail to see how that precludes discussion about whether certain 'isms' were OTT, hypocritical etc etc. People don't seem to get any grief for saying 'LOL, I loved when he said that, roflcoppters to the way he pwned Sara!!!', so why should someone when they say in a post that something he said was offensive or not funny. It's a two way street.

Seriously, cop the fcuk on lads and lassies and stop getting you're knickers in a twist just because someone has a different opinion than you. Sure is that not what Boards is all about?

Haven't seen too much of this thread of late as I had to polish off a dissertation, but anyway, there is some absolute nonesense being spouted here and I am suprised a few infractions haven't been doled out.

Everyone has a an equal right to post on this thread. The implied claims of ownership by some are laughable at the least, and at most, a violation of the charter. :rolleyes: You see this all the time in the soccer forum with certain fans thinking certain threads 'belong' to them, and it is something which is not tolerated.

Yes the thread is about Rexisms, but I fail to see how that precludes discussion about whether certain 'isms' were OTT, hypocritical etc etc. People don't seem to get any grief for saying 'LOL, I loved when he said that, roflcoppters to the way he pwned Sara!!!', so why should someone when they say in a post that something he said was offensive or not funny. It's a two way street.

Seriously, cop the fcuk on lads and lassies and stop getting you're knickers in a twist just because someone has a different opinion than you. Sure is that not what Boards is all about?

I have stated many a time that anybody can post in here if they wish, but with certain threads there is certain guidelines and etiquette.

If threads are started with regards Rex been an absolute cock well then its all well and good to slate him in that particular thread of if a thread is started to discuss the merits of Rachel been a fencesitter etc etc threads should not be derailed (but happens sometimes) and be kept on topic which is in the guidelines of boards.

This thread was intened to be about the funny quotes/comments/wit of Rex and i feel it should be kept to within the guidelines of what it is. Please feel free to report this thread if you have felt anything has been out of order and let the mods deal with it so.

Yes you are spot on with what boards is suppose to be about and there has been some great debates and i hope many more.

I have stated many a time that anybody can post in here if they wish, but with certain threads there is certain guidelines and etiquette.

If threads are started with regards Rex been an absolute cock well then its all well and good to slate him in that particular thread of if a thread is started to discuss the merits of Rachel been a fencesitter etc etc threads should not be derailed (but happens sometimes) and be kept on topic which is in the guidelines of boards.

This thread was intened to be about the funny quotes/comments/wit of Rex and i feel it should be kept to within the guidelines of what it is. Please feel free to report this thread if you have felt anything has been out of order and let the mods deal with it so.

Yes you are spot on with what boards is suppose to be about and there has been some great debates and i hope many more.

I fail to see how the posts are off topic or derailing.

If you start a thread about snide remarks a hm makes, you should expect that there will be those who disagree with some of the quoted comments.

If this was the Jade Goody isms thread an people were ranting on about rex, then fair enough, that would be OTT, but I disagree that posts which critices his isms are off topic.

If your intention was for the thread to be a Rex lick fest, then you should have stated so in the OP. There was nothing indicating that people couldn't quote isms which they felt went too far, or replied to isms which they felt weren't funny.

• Advertisement

I fail to see how the posts are off topic or derailing.

If you start a thread about snide remarks a hm makes, you should expect that there will be those who disagree with some of the quoted comments.

If this was the Jade Goody isms thread an people were ranting on about rex, then fair enough, that would be OTT, but I disagree that posts which critices his isms are off topic.

If your intention was for the thread to be a Rex lick fest, then you should have stated so in the OP. There was nothing indicating that people couldn't quote isms which they felt went too far, or replied to isms which they felt weren't funny.

I just assumed people would of known its a "Rex lick fest" :pac:

ASSUMPTIONS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Rex to Darnell : Your cruising for a bruising.:D

Bahahaha
    Love that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Loving this thread!

When Rex, Mo and Sara were @ the ashtray Rex asked her how many boyfriends she'd had. Following some discussion, Sara said "I don't record them in a book" and Rex said "You wouldn't need book - you'd need a manual"

I found it funny - maybe you'd need to see the clip ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I didn't get that one, it didn't seem to work... a manual? A book is usually bigger than a manual... If he said you don't need a book, you need a library it probably would have made sense.

I didn't get that one, it didn't seem to work... a manual? A book is usually bigger than a manual... If he said you don't need a book, you need a library it probably would have made sense.
    Thought it was just me.1.gif:D

Rex to Rachel : You make stupid look stupid.
    lt was said in jest and very funny,:D

Rex to Rachel : You make stupid look stupid.
    lt was said in jest and very funny,:D
    i was gonna post this, but does it make any sense?!

zuroph wrote: »
    i was gonna post this, but does it make any sense?!

Thought about that and he should have said :
    " You make stupid look Clever ".
    :D.

Maybe I'm pulling a Darnell but... was that supposed to be a go at me zuroph?

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm pulling a Darnell but... was that supposed to be a go at me zuroph?
    lol, k darnell. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

He's come up with some funny ones alright but can't say I find him that hilarious.

And has no-one heard that "cruising for a bruising" line before?? Am I missing out on the context or something??

I think he does come across as a bit of a twat and could maybe focus his "humour" less at other HMs' expense when they don't deserve abuse.

Marshy wrote: »
    He's come up with some funny ones alright but can't say I find him that hilarious.

And has no-one heard that "cruising for a bruising" line before?? Am I missing out on the context or something??

I think he does come across as a bit of a twat and could maybe focus his "humour" less at other HMs' expense when they don't deserve abuse.

lts a Rexism thread , wheres yours ?
    It was the way he said it that was funny.
    People who post in here knew that and so didn't make anything of it.
    As has been pointed out by the OP it is not a thread
    for people to slate Rex.:)

Someone get the bouncers :pac:

Someone get the bouncers :pac:

Ready for em.9.gif:D

you have a smiley for everything... what's the story with that? Every single situation that has been discussed has had multiple specific smiley's to perfectly depict the situation. Do you have a smiley corporation that produces them or something? srsly... wtf.

lts a Rexism thread , wheres yours ?
    My sincerest apologies, how silly of me...

Rex (@ his boards.ie admirers): You might as well go ahead and suck me off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Marshy wrote: »
    My sincerest apologies, how silly of me...

Rex (@ his boards.ie admirers): You might as well go ahead and suck me off...

Hardly original given something very similar was said earlier in the thread.:rolleyes:

And anyway, Rex would be a lot wittier more witty.

Sean_K wrote: »
    Hardly original given something very similar was said earlier in the thread.:rolleyes:

And anyway, Rex would be a lot wittier more witty.
    I thought you would've copped that at this stage, nothing Rex says is original!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

To Mo (I think)
    'You're so sweaty! What's wrong with you? You're like a seal!'

Advertisement