Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

too human and Infinite Undiscovery

• 12-08-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭

too human

finally this is coming out 29/08/2008

is there a demo out and is it any good

looking very forward to it

also i was looking at play.com and saw Infinite Undiscovery
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5698598/Infinite-Undiscovery/Product.html

Infinite Undiscovery is a brand-new action adventure RPG exclusively for Xbox 360 from tri-Ace, developer of the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series

star ocean is one of my favourite games of all time

i havent heard much about Infinite Undiscovery

and the price on play is EUR 41.99 which im worried about
    a good game would cost more than that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I wouldn't base the quality of a game on its price. I'm planning on getting infinite undiscovery, well that's probably going be based on reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The shockingly crap intro put me off Too Human completely, never even gave it a chance tbh...
    "It's a good day to die"
    "You always say that!"

*switches xbox off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

tman wrote: »
    The shockingly crap intro put me off Too Human completely, never even gave it a chance tbh...
    "It's a good day to die"
    "You always say that!"

*switches xbox off*

That is bad alright! :D

Apart from that though the game looks good enough i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Infinite Undiscovery looks promising. I'm definitely going to look at reviews first but if they're good, I'll be getting it. Probably cheap because it's an RPG, not a shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

any of the trailers of ingame footage for too human put me off the game, seems like its trying to rip off devil may cry too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

madrab wrote: »
    any of the trailers of ingame footage for too human put me off the game, seems like its trying to rip off devil may cry too much

Its absoloutely nothing like Devil May Cry. I played the demo and the camera really put me off it. I liked the looting, levelling and story seemed ok from the impression I got. Still on the fence on whether Ill be picking it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I tried to like Too Human, but I just couldn't. The gameplay is very poor, menus are horribly designed. Graphics are terrible and the voice acting and scripting is laughable, and not in the way the dev's would have hoped for.

I like norse mythology and was looking forward to this, but after trying the demo.... Nope :( not ever!

Infinite Undiscovery might well be picked up depending on the reviews!!

I tried to like Too Human, but I just couldn't. The gameplay is very poor, menus are horribly designed. Graphics are terrible and the voice acting and scripting is laughable, and not in the way the dev's would have hoped for.

I like norse mythology and was looking forward to this, but after trying the demo.... Nope :( not ever!

Infinite Undiscovery might well be picked up depending on the reviews!!

Infinte Undiscovery is a real time RPG ala FF12 correct?

Dont forget Mercenaries 2 is out during this time aswell. Anybody see the IGN Livewire session on that? It looked quite good and you can drop a Nuclear Bomb :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Infinte Undiscovery is a real time RPG ala FF12 correct?

Yes it is but don't worry. It's being made by Tri-Ace who have made games with excellent real time battle systems before. They aren't like the talentless square enix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I played the Too Human demo for ten minutes before switching if off and never playing it again. What does that say about me? Am I a fickle gamer is it just sh1te?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Its absoloutely nothing like Devil May Cry. I played the demo and the camera really put me off it. I liked the looting, levelling and story seemed ok from the impression I got. Still on the fence on whether Ill be picking it up.
    looking at the videos that were on c&vg on monday, all the fighting looked like it had been copied (badly) from devil may cry

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Both games don't look great I think the 360 is suffering from too many average games at the moment (with obvious exceptions) the next big one for me has to be Mercenaries 2 I loved the PS2 original and the new one looks like its gonna be great.

My advice: save your cash and rent one of them.

madrab wrote: »
    looking at the videos that were on c&vg on monday, all the fighting looked like it had been copied (badly) from devil may cry

Well it certainly doesnt play like DMC. Kind of an insult to Dante actually :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Too Human, no. Infinite Undiscovery, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Too Human, no. Infinite Undiscovery, yes.

ya i was thinking that too

infinite undiscovery has a great team behind them

if your a rpg fan you have to play Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

silvine wrote: »
    I played the Too Human demo for ten minutes before switching if off and never playing it again. What does that say about me? Am I a fickle gamer is it just sh1te?

I played it for five minutes.
    So either it is sh1te, or i'm twice as fickle as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

ya i was thinking that too

infinite undiscovery has a great team behind them

if your a rpg fan you have to play Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series

Have the soundtrack from Valkyrie Profile but that's about it :pac: I should play it. For me, Too Human is just too dull. It's all a bit robotic, the movements just ugh.. Infinite Undiscovery though. :D I know you can't even compare them coz they are a different genre but it has to be Infinite Undiscovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I downloaded the Too Human demo today. Call me a crazed contrarian but despite its flaws I quite enjoyed it.

finally the reviews are coming out for infinite undiscovery

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902768p1.html

and i was hoping for a brilliant game

very disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I downloaded the Too Human demo today. Call me a crazed contrarian but despite its flaws I quite enjoyed it.

full game is amazing fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I say Mercenaries 2 :)

chrislad wrote: »
    I say Mercenaries 2 :)

i was looking at playr on bravo and they say its rental only game

good fun but gets very boring quickly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

finally the reviews are coming out for infinite undiscovery

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902768p1.html

Wasn't really looking foward to Infinite Undiscovery. Gameplay videos didn't look all that appealing. Think I'll wait for Tales of Vespiria instead (and while I finish the other 3 rpgs Im in the middle of :pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Just got done playing the first couple of hours of Infinite Undiscovery, and I have to say, it's a big disappointment. The voice acting/lip syncing is absolutely terrible, everyone of the characters so far is just plain unlikeable and the combat just feels clunky and generally unsatisfying. To be honest, the game as a whole just feels like a half arsed effort.

I was really looking forward to a new JRPG and all :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

gloobag wrote: »
    Just got done playing the first couple of hours of Infinite Undiscovery, and I have to say, it's a big disappointment. The voice acting/lip syncing is absolutely terrible, everyone of the characters so far is just plain unlikeable and the combat just feels clunky and generally unsatisfying. To be honest, the game as a whole just feels like a half arsed effort.

I was really looking forward to a new JRPG and all :mad:

Can I ask where you bought it? I wouldnt mind buying it early but GameStop dont sell it until Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

cashman wrote: »
    Can I ask where you bought it? I wouldnt mind buying it early but GameStop dont sell it until Friday

Can't reveal my source I'm afraid ;)

chipped console id bet;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I liked the demo for Too Human, so I'll rent it.
    Not at all interested in Infinite Undiscovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

review copies from microsoft ftw

• Advertisement

I rented Too Human. finished it in about 14hours. Not very good and I probably wont remember it 2months down the line.

Advertisement