Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do Quinn Direct insure UK cars?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I think they do. I called them up and they said they do. Question is, is it only for a limited time? Like, 30 days only, for example, then they expect you to put the car on Irish plates? I'll be in Ireland for approx 9-10 months with my UK car (before returning to the UK for good). Would Quinn insure my UK car for the full term of the policy (or for the required 9-10 months at least)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

ring them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

VH wrote: »
    ring them again?

Good point. Only thing is, you never know if the person you speak to knows what they're on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

benifa wrote: »
    Good point. Only thing is, you never know if the person you speak to knows what they're on about.
    they will know more than anyone on a forum on the internet!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

To drive on an English car in Ireland and be legally insured you have to get a tax exemption.

Usually the insurance company will give you 30 days to change over to Irish plates or to give them a copy of this tax exemption cert.

If your stopped by the Garda while living in Ireland and driving an English car, they can impound it. So it's worth looking at if you can get that exemption.

But ring Quinn and ask em anyway.

Advertisement