Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metric only measuring tape??

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi to all!just wondering is it possible to get a measuring tape without them dam inches on them in this country?:confused:

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

A tool set (I think it was probably a set of trowels) I bought in Aldi last year included a metric-only measuring tape.

They're not selling that particular set at the moment, but it might be worth keeping an eye out for other Workzone branded measuring tapes in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

If you want the be-all-and-end-all of tapes, go for one of these. Pure metric, no play in ends and an exact extension of 100mm which can be read on a different scale. I have a few for backup as I have had to order from abroad. They are Swedish, but can be ordered from UK.

Sometimes I don't even read the measurement to go cut pipe or wood as the extended tape and protrusion is locked with measurement and then I just place and scribe against material to be cut. Other trades always trying to swipe it on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Most big stores have cheap tapes with metric and imperial.

Sometimes you'll find one with metric only! (tend to be very cheap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Axminster.co.uk do metric-only tapes. Really tempted to order a few, I've been keeping an eye out for metric-only tapes in shops here for a long time but never found any.

Even in the metric-challenged UK, the building industry has supposedly been metric only for over 30 years, so why these eejits are still selling tapes where one side is useless is beyond me.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement