Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kentstown Bus Crash, the disgraceful meath council

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

It was very upsetting today to hear the outcome of this.
    I travel this road everyday and it is terrible in the wet, the new surface which has been put down over only HALF the road is ok but why is there no cats eyes or lines down the sides of the road to help the drivers when the conditions are poor especially in the winter.
    Meath council have done the MINIMUM they can get away with.
    I would hate to work for them, they must be all imbeciles to think that the road is up to standard now.
    Check out the road in Kentstown opposite the church to get an idea of how this council doesn't care at all about road safety.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I dont believe Meath Coco give a flying you know what for the roads in this county. All over the place there are are surfaces that can easily cause accidents, and badly managed road works where they are bing "repaired". They are a disgrace, and I'm sure the majority of Meath drivers on this forum can offer you stories of expensive damage to cars, and of outright shock at some of the road conditions.

The Kentstown crash was a tragedy and my heart goes out to all the families involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

terrible decision by the courts too.the abs is disconnected but its an accident????thats a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Yea I remember at the time they were once again patching up the road before the accident. Funny that they decided to close the road for two weeks and resurface after. That road is a disgrace, no warning signs, no speed signs and as someone else said no cats eyes. Disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesO

Well don't get me started about meath co co. I was dam nearly killed in a head on crash with a drunk driver at high speed on the wrong side of the road down from casey's cross. The fire brigade were called out to cut the b****** out of his car and they send me the bill even though he was in the wrong.

Advertisement