Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluebird servos

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of the range of Bluebird servos? Bang-for-bucks their specs are way higher than the likes of Futaba/Hitec/JR etc. I've done a bit of research and the opinions seem varied, but most of these are fairly old and I believe they have up'ed the Quality Control on their products since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi,

Yeah, the quality has much improved for the BlueBird servos for the past 2 years...
    They use to burn a bit too easily :D
    Saying that, I had a few ( the 380 and others) but I never had problems with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Thinking about giving the 630mg a try as a steering servo in my MT. Just look what you can get for less than €30:

# One-Year World Wide Warrenty ! (Wearable parts are not covered. i.e. Gears & Case)
    # Weight: 49g / 1.73oz
    # Size(mm): 40.5 x 20 x 41 mm
    # Size(inch): 1.60 x 0.78 x1.61 inch
    # Speed: 0.20sec / 60 deg at 4.8V
    # Torque: 12.6kg/cm , 176 oz/in at 4.8V
    # Speed: 0.17sec / 60 deg at 6V
    # Torque: 14.2kg/cm , 190 oz/in at 6V
    # Ball bearing: Dual
    # Gear type: Metal Gears
    # For EP-GP Car, EP-GP Boat, Glider, Normal Airplane, Toc Airplane, Normal Heli

Yeah, they had to do the warranty things after all there problems. At the time, when they put the warranty in place they used to change all your Bb servos without any questions !

What I use for some of my big gliders to give you an idea :

IMS546 specs at 4.8volts :

Weight- 53.0g
    Dimension 40.7*19.7*42.9mm
    Stall torque 12kg/cm
    Operating speed 0.20sec/60degree
    Operating voltage 4.8-7.2V
    Temperature range 0- 55deg
    Servo Plug: JR (Fits JR and Futaba)
    Metal gears, Ball bearings

And digital by the way :p
    All that for less than 20 euros...

Hextronik?

They seem to be getting even worse reviews than the Bluebirds.

I don't know, I don't read reviews, I just use them. :rolleyes:

Have them (I use the entire range)for years in all my machines, and no problems.
    Used by several guys in 2.5mtrs + planes without any problems too.

But maybe for cars, you need another specs, I don't know, and the BMS might seems better.

• Advertisement

OOppss, forgot to mention, they are not Hextronic.

About the reviews, I read something yesterday about these servos, and a guy who is doing VGM (Big (3mtr +) aerobatic models) after saying for years these servos were crap, he finally admitted he never tested them and finally did, all that to conclude they were as good as the really expensive one he used to buy (except for the overshoot, a know "issue"). At least someone did a maxi mea culpa with honesty... Quiet rare these days...

That's for the servos, but that thing apply to other stuff too, the so called reviews are most of the time made by guys who heard something from another guy who heard something... and so on...

But once again, that is for planes / flying stuff, I don't know if they are good for cars though..

Agreed. I think I've been doing too much review reading and not enough reviewing myself. With all the rain this summer, what's to be expected though?:eek:

Every guy has a story to tell and everyone would like to believe that the brand he has is the best. The more reviews you read, the less you learn, something like:

Insert any of the following:

Futaba
    JR
    Graupner
    Ace
    Sanwa
    Bluebird
    Airtronics
    Hitec
    etc.:

( ) is crap, not one of my ( ) servos have failed me once.

Hell, the steering servo I'm replacing now is a Towerpro 995. I bought it years ago when they were first introduced and it has served me very well. Bang-for-bucks absolutely great. And yet you don't dare mention that anywhere for fear of being acused of trolling! After all, a servo is just another mechanical/electronical thing that will eventually fail, regardless of whether it is a $15 Towerpro or a $100 Futaba.

I think I'm just going with the Bluebird 630mg.

Yep, you are right !
    Nothing better than your own review (hopefully not at your expense.. but we need a first one to try :P) and then share with actual proof/material to the "review".
    But that's another debate ! ;)

Have fun (the main thing !)

Fred

Would you like to sponsor (half) the Bluebird servo?:D

:rolleyes:

Why not :D

Or the shop can sponsor 100% of a TP :D

• Advertisement

TP?

Sorry, the IMS546 :)

And in return for the sponsorship?

(You know I was only messing do you? If it's as good as you say I'll buy one off you.)

Nope, nothing in return :)

And if the thing goes in flame after you plug it, you can still say it is crap ! :P

Had to go now, I'm back tonight :)

I'll be much obliged!:D

Finally back ! :)
    A bit busy...:o

Can you send me your address for the servo please ?
    And i'll send it asap.

Fred

PM sent to loopingfred

Cool thanks :)

Thanks Fred, received the servo yesterday. I'll let you know how it performs once I've got it installed. Thanks again!:D

Advertisement