Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So then... Dk's, huh?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine made the video, its of his blood elf dk, who's perspective its from, and my tauren dk.

DK's are hella op atm, so we figured we'd give them a whirl in ramparts. Worked out pretty well in the end, but no polearm dropped :( After 2 runs!

Quality is pretty poor, but I think you get the idea :D
    Honestly, the bosses were seriously easy. It was the trash pulls that were the difficult parts ;)

Anyway, linkage:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ArC8a-KaN54

Thoughts?

[Edited]
    Cos he wasnt happy with the music.
    [/Edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

I've heard from a guildie that DK's are retardedly overpowered alright. Hopefully its sorted out come expansion. There is something kinda wrong with a Tauren DK though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

A female tauren dk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hopefully they dont nerf them too much!!

i cant get onto youtube in work, what did yous go as, dps?

has anyone tried tanking with one yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was thinking hopefully they will nerf them big time. The only thing worse then seeing a million Death Knights on launch will be seeing a million ridiculously overpowered Death Knights on launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very nicely done. Just a bit OP though.

• Advertisement

i dont think it will be that bad with loads of dk's running around. the majority of people will want to see the new content before rolling one i reckon.

the race to 80 will be most players priority over leveling content thats already be done before..

There is a post on the beta forums, from a level 70 dk. He states that, given the current xp required to go from 60 to 70, as well as the awesomeness of the DK he managed to hit 70 in 36 hours played, from level 55.

With the refer a friend scheme making it possible to hit 60 instantly after creating the character, I can only assume this will come down even more...

omg i jus watched that movie now, only 2 of yous clearedit!! thats insane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I watched it but havent followed ANYTHING about the DK's so I havent a clue whats going on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I reckon DK's will be imba when they come out. Then people will whine, and they get repeatidly nerfed til theyr'e ****

• Advertisement

my priority for wotlk is not leveling to 80 on my 70's thats secondary, i just wanna see and play the dk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think im gonna continue and get my priest and warrior to 70 first, and if thats before wotlk then ill roll a DK. But hunter will still be the priority to get to 80.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

aye just working getting my pally to 70 to join my priest and ill level the two to 80 and gear a bit then go back to my DK i think, but yeah... its gonna be a tauren :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

what races can be DK's?

Also have they any class based racials ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

nix wrote: »
    what races can be DK's?

Also have they any class based racials ?

Any race can become a DK.. once you click the tab the DK will be created at level 55.
    With the refer a friend scheme making it possible to hit 60 instantly after creating the character, I can only assume this will come down even more.

well the recruit a friend once your accounts are linked, they stay linked for 90 days only, after that its back to normal.. i think what RAF thing is for, is to see if they should boost the exp to 1-70 a bit more ect, for newcomers.. as leveling from 1-80 would be a right pain.

And i doubt the RAF will be there when wotlk will be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kaien

For PvP at least I don't think DK's will be OP from playing one to 65 atm,

I'm blood/unholy atm, and while i'm close the damage and my regen is pretty insane, but vs classes like mages hunters and other ranged that kite, I think they'l have a ridiculously hard time without a Blessing of Freedom type thing.

Chains of ice reduces the targets movement speed to 0%, returning 10% movement speed per second. 0 cooldown. hilol.

Death grip, speaks for itself...

I think they are pretty powerful in pvp and frost seems to be more suited to PvP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

They seem insane, but I think one of two things will happen, they will hit the level cap and will kinda blend in with the other classes or actualy be underpowered (like shamans, they used to be the scourge of people when leveling, then they hit the cap and become a joke). Or they will be stupidly overpowered and endure a marathon of nerfs like warriors, I think the second is the most likely considering the amount of silences and root/pull abilitys they have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ivan wrote: »
    Chains of ice reduces the targets movement speed to 0%, returning 10% movement speed per second. 0 cooldown. hilol.
    Thats ****ing stupid. Theres not way that can be left in as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Cyclone is still there so maybe there is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dimishes to 0 after 3 cyclones iirc

Yup, and as yet, chains of ice doesnt have any diminishing returns... so it will almost certainly be changed. I think Blizzard just want to see what its like, at its most totally overpowered form. I mean, it can be spammed in PvE as a CC against melees and its overpowered uses in PvP are fairly obvious...

So, I'd wager it'll be changed at least somewhat, in the near future.

Advertisement