Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone delayed by floods today?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

N4 down to one lane just past Enfield, have to drive through around 8 inches.

N3 closed again at Blanch.

The traffic cameras are down so cant check like Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Cionád wrote: »
    N4 down to one lane just past Enfield, have to drive through around 8 inches.

N3 closed again at Blanch.

The traffic cameras are down so cant check like Big Brother.

Do you know if northbound m50 is okay, I have to get from n7 to n2 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

All I know is
    "There is a lot of surface water on the M50 at J4 Ballymun in both directions. "

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0812/weather.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Do you know if northbound m50 is okay, I have to get from n7 to n2 this evening

My advice is to avoid the M50 like the plague. I came up the N3 today at about 8.30pm and could see over the m50 bridge that it is at a standstill Northbound.

Go through town and come up the N2 through Phibsborough is what I'd recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Took me over an hour to get from the toll bridge to the Finglas exit, one lane closed northbound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

yep went through town instead of the M50 ..knew blanch would be an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

M50 open and perfect both ways from Finglas to Toll no issues from M50 to Enfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

mcwhirter wrote: »

Nope. we just keep teaming out the canoe,

No flooding problems this area, plenty of surface water & lots of stones & gravel on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

yes, in Leixlip near the graveyard, after the train station,

too much water in the road, so I had to drive trough Dunboyne instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

M50 open and perfect both ways from Finglas to Toll no issues from M50 to Enfield.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

M50 was actually grand from N4 slip > Ballymount despite the fact they've closed the outter lane off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Went whitewater canoeing in me ould jalopy last night through the rapids above Lucan (I could have sworn there used to be road there at one time:confused:), I'm seriously impressed with its nautical abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Get your dinghy's out, it's supposed to be torrential this weekend too. Got to love "summer" in Ireland.

Advertisement