Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast reduction

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever had a breast reduction? A friend of mine wants it done and Ive told her its a bigger operation than getting it increased. She is single and has no children. Anyone with first hand experience?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

my best friend had it done 2 years ago. Best thing she ever did!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

ChewChew wrote: »
    my best friend had it done 2 years ago. Best thing she ever did!! :D
    Was she sick for long after? Did she have her nipples moved? How much did it cost?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Was she sick for long after? Did she have her nipples moved? How much did it cost?

Sick? No. Unable to work? Yes. which is understandable! Did she have her nipples removed?? She most certainly did. How much did it cost?? A few thousand. €7k approx.

I am presuming your friend has not gone for a consultation yet?? each individual going for a breast reduction (like any surgery) is individual. She needs to meet a consultant and get more info.

Dont let her base her decision just on what you or anyone else reads or hears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

She,s very young and hates them. She says they are ruining her life. She has all the info from the net and all she needs is the money! Would her gp recommend someone or would she just go along to a clinic in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

omg bring it on, i want one too:D i want to go from a fricking huge II to a DD. Alls i gota do now is save ,sigh that will take forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

My friend had it done and got pregnant shortly afterwards and they ballooned and ended up bigger than they were originally. Total waste of money...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

what a waste :( I'd say dont watch extreme surgies on discovery! was on d other night.. ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

hey i went for a consultation and was advised to wait, i'm 23. that was last year though. in fairness i think waiting till after you've had kids would be the ideal, unless of course there's major back and neck strain going on and you physically can't handle the pain. if you're friend is that unhappy though,i say go for it, i'm all for being happy! for me, i can deal with em G cup, i'm happy to wait tll after the babies and i'm in a secure relationship. theres the risk of losing your nipples too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

I'm thinking about getting this done next year. I feel like a bit of a fraud though because my breasts aren't huge and dont cause me pain. I'm currently a d/dd cup. I want to be a C but mainly I want them to be perky. I dont want to wait until after I have kids because I dont plan on having any for at least 10years.
    I want to wear gorgeous tops/dresses without worrying about my bra showing. I think I'm going to go somewhere else like California to get it done. They perform more ops than Ireland and I'll get a recovery holiday too.

Quick question - when you get a reduction/lift, are they real or fake?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

omg bring it on, i want one too:D i want to go from a fricking huge II to a DD. Alls i gota do now is save ,sigh that will take forever.

Breast reduction seems such a pity.

I'd love to be with someone with a cup size of HH or II.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So you'd look after her and do everything for her when she's debilitated by chronic back or neck pain then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Nuh-uh you wouldn't. You realise breasts that size weigh about as much as a small child? There's no way that they can stay as perky as smaller boobs, if for no other reason than their weight.

You could technically drown in them... heh.

Running with boobs that size is pretty impossible too. Bras are ridiculously ugly and expensive.

Plus, they draw lots of unwelcome attention, particularly on a night out. It's impossible to get tops that don't draw attention to them, anything remotely covered up makes them look huge, your bra is pretty much always on show... what a pain in the ass, even before the shoulder and back aches are factored in.

Buy some chicken fillets if you want a toy. In the long run, they'll be a better investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd love to get a reduction - though hopefully when I lose weight some of it will come off the twins. Since the likelihood of me ever becoming pregnant is extremely slim, changes from pregnancy would not be something that worries me - but I'd prefer to see what losing some weight would do before I even think about any sort of surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

would love a reduction am HH and its either a reduction or hiring a pygmy to hold them up.
    getting tired of the back ache

Advertisement