Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much data??

• 12-08-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all

ive recently acquired a usb modem and would like to play online when im on travels (about 2-3 times per month) when being bored.

therefore, id like to know, how much data actually gets transferred when ur having say, one hour play online?

thats to know what kind of charges im looking at depending on the traffic.

thanks for helping!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If its one of the 3, Vodafone or o2 modems you are going to get horrible pings. So much so that I would think you would get more frustrated then anything else, trying to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Teg

An o2 modem is all I have to play online (no wired bb near me)! Whilst the pings are high (144 - 190 range), it is very playable, generally without lag. Aim for servers with reported pings of less than 125 and you should be ok. If you notice your hit box registration being off, lag etc., try a new server. It's worked out quite well for me so far. As to traffic, I pay by the month - €19.99, so don't really notice how much traffic there is for an hour - 20/30 Mb maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

massive pings, the quickest server, which is usually @ 45 on my 3mb home line is at 133 minimum.

not worth it in my opinion, so ive decided to stick to football manager on-call. Cheers for the feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah exactly.

Advertisement