Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourists' memory of Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

lol...i wonder what the bouncers were saying to him while the lay on the floor...
    and what those tourists were saying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

oooh, heavy handed bouncers. in this day and age.
    i'm shocked and apalled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I'd love to know what the commentary on that is from the tourists........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i'm shocked and apalled!

Down with that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I didnt expect that the bouncers from said establishment would be that rough actually, i had heard that they were always encouraged to talk the person down instead and that 'violence' was a last resort.

Still, maybe the guy just wasn't listening:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

Man: Why u no love my sister
    Bouncer. fk off,i no no your sister
    Man: sure you do, she make baby with you
    Bouncer: Now fk off home now like a good man
    Man:Ok, but baby need drink.
    Bouncer: Not my problem
    Man then takes bottle:
    Man: Just take bottle for baby
    Bouncer 2 - Hey Predgag, u bouncer, U should not take that ****
    Bouncer - Dragan, you're right, let's do him
    They tackle him and knock him to the ground.
    Man : Mind my watch lads.
    Bouncer: I will sit on you for three hours.

TOURISTS
    Oh look, there is Galway men at it on road
    Have they no shame
    This is the fastest growing city in Europe you know.
    Look you can see his bum.
    Oh Ive gotta go, the shop hasnt noticed Ive stolen this camera yet so lets run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i'm shocked and apalled!

Heavy Handed? you serious? They didn't touch him till he picked up the bottle. Where do you think he was going with that bottle? Quite possibly to walk off a bit and lob it back possibly injuring the bouncers or a patron as he made his getaway. They did it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

100gSoma wrote: »
    Heavy Handed? you serious? They didn't touch him till he picked up the bottle. Where do you think he was going with that bottle? Quite possibly to walk off a bit and lob it back possibly injuring the bouncers or a patron as he made his getaway. They did it right.

Heard of sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

padi89 wrote: »
    Heard of sarcasm?

yes.. The "I'm shocked and appalled" bit was sarcastic. The "heavy handed bouncers" bit did not appear to be...

Anyway, the amount of bleedin heart liberals in Ireland now its quite likely someone feels that was excessive force to attack that poor man down the street when he wasn;t even near the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Man: Why u no love my sister
    Bouncer. fk off,i no no your sister
    Man: sure you do, she make baby with you
    Bouncer: Now fk off home now like a good man
    Man:Ok, but baby need drink.
    Bouncer: Not my problem
    Man then takes bottle:
    Man: Just take bottle for baby
    Bouncer 2 - Hey Predgag, u bouncer, U should not take that ****
    Bouncer - Dragan, you're right, let's do him
    They tackle him and knock him to the ground.
    Man : Mind my watch lads.
    Bouncer: I will sit on you for three hours.

TOURISTS
    Oh look, there is Galway men at it on road
    Have they no shame
    This is the fastest growing city in Europe you know.
    Look you can see his bum.
    Oh Ive gotta go, the shop hasnt noticed Ive stolen this camera yet so lets run.

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Fair play He was asking for it--- But what happened next- did they have to sit on him all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Well I'm not a lawyer but that looks like assault to me, they're not cops, they have no right to 'detain' a person in a public place (if they felt threatened by him they should have called the cops).

Hopefully a piano falls on all three of them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

100gSoma wrote: »

The dude deserved what was coming to him,i'm not disagreeing with that.

but there was no need for the bouncer to push him out into the middle of the street, i've seen the likes of this several times in different parts of the country and it's usually solved by telling him to **** off and passing no head to the idiot. And when the bottle was taken there was no need to drag him to the ground. 1 bouncer should have just grabbed him and the other should have taken the bottle and sent him on his way.

cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Legality of bouncers is a grey area. However generally the way the Gardai deal with it is to let the bouncers deal with anything that there area covers. Here that would mean inside the pub and on the pavement outside where people drink and smoke from the pub.

Your man robbed a drink and got a bit of the way down the street (maybe 2 metres outside the bouncers area) but then if someone is going to lob a bottle at you you're not going to stand there and take it. Especially when the bottle has been robbed from your premises.

TBH I'm sure the Guards are well happy to let these boys deal with it rather than calling them out every time some drunk acts the eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Never liked the kings head bouncers, there not fond of students in there in my experience. I don't agree with this at all for the record, I hope it comes back to the bouncers in question.

The lads are saying stuff like I'm proud to be Italian.
    Sons of somewhere or other.
    He's dead

Edit: The guy was giving grief. He picked up a potential weapon. Once that happened I have no sympathy for what happened to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Hahahaha pwned!

Lighten up, guy had it coming, it's not like they kicked the **** out of him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

haha hillarious.

the bouncer could have let it go but the guy could just as easily taken that bottle and ****ed it at the bouncers head.

or for instance he took that bottle and smashed some random punter over the head with it. The guards come along and ask where he got the bottle. Then the bouncer gets in **** for letting the guy remove a glass bottle from the premesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

It was in todays Star that he got fired over it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

*mono* wrote: »
    It was in todays Star that he got fired over it
    yeah saw that too...
    job well done i say

• Advertisement
Advertisement