Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shotgun did i buy a dud?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi first time poster long time reader recently purchased a baikal sporter 28 inch izh 27em. need it for mix of clay and bit of hunting nothing too serious. bought it for 725 euro in galway. should i cancel transaction any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

I started off with a baikal like most people they were made to last a life time and most do, truth be known the Taliban rebbels even sent the guys that made them running with then.
    But the newer models are crap and even look crap every one has there own opinion and sorry to say you should pull out for sure, for that price get something second hand that was twice the price when new give James Mc Bride in Athlone a shout hes a really nice fella:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hi first time poster long time reader recently purchased a baikal sporter 28 inch izh 27em. need it for mix of clay and bit of hunting nothing too serious. bought it for 725 euro in galway. should i cancel transaction any advice would be appreciated.

sounds quite a lot for a baikal but you sed you have bought it .every one starts some where i started with a single barrel baikal 60 pounds ,24 years ago no smart answers thx , ya 24 just worked it out ,remmber it well doyle n hewits enniscorthy .shop about with some that can help you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I can't help you in relation to price of the gun but see below I don't think there would be too much wrong with it.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=2702

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=8993

I have a Baikal that was made in 1975 I got it second hand at 16, it has made in the USSR on it and it is indestructable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

pal, to be onest i'l tell you what i have been told all my life. there's nothing wrong with the gun, its just the way your pointing it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

As long as the gun fits, is comfortable and goes bang when you pull the trigger then the rest is up to you.

Now it may not look nice and you might not have haggled the best price ever (don't know what a baikal goes for these days) but unless you can think of a better alternative for the money then don't sweat it.

Have you looked at the hardware thread here

look at this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55524793&postcount=312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

Baikal Sporter _ Duffy's Galway

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_23&products_id=131

It's nice to have a new gun but if it were me I'd go for a good second hand known make instead, if the deal wasn't closed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

You didn't buy a dud and like many others, I started with a SB Baikal back when the internet was unheard of and I used to deliver Telegrams:eek::eek:

If I remember correctly it cost me IR£80 and later when I traded up I got nearly as much as I paid for it. I never had a misfire and it was built like a tank. I bought it in Garnett & Keegans in Parliament Street and it came in a grey cardboard box - no bag, no slip, no case - nothing!

Don't get too hung up on brands or makes - that only comes into play later when the snobbery kicks in:D:D:D

Advertisement