Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Challenges Stuck...

• 12-08-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

So, I'm working my way through the challenges at the moment. I've got the lion's share of them completed (although the weapons challenges are still taking their damn time...), but I've run into a problem with "Team Player III" specifically.

It's stuck at 28/30. Lord knows I've played countless numbers of games, I've definitely been on the winning team more than 30 times. Does anyone have any idea what may cause this? Could it be a bug, or do I need to play on specific servers, satisfy certain criteria, etc.?

I vary my servers a bit, although I do prodominantly play Hardcore. Would that make a difference?

Driving me mad, this one! :)

Edit: Oh, and I'm on the PC, by the way!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Team Player is for standard gametype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks. So you mean standard as in "not hardcore", right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Yep don't play hardcore to complete the challenges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hardcore = fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

^^ love it

• Advertisement

Walsh wrote: »
    Yep don't play hardcore to complete the challenges!

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind for this challenge. But I don't agree with it for things like weapon kills and some of the weirder ones which involve killing people. Gonna try it out now anyway, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Teg

You can complete most of the challenges in hc - there's just a few that require standard.
    The mode that you play is down to personal preference, nothing more. I find standard fun in an arcadey UT sort of way, but prefer hc as I feel it's more 'realistic' and engaging.

Teg wrote: »
    You can complete most of the challenges in hc - there's just a few that require standard.
    The mode that you play is down to personal preference, nothing more. I find standard fun in an arcadey UT sort of way, but prefer hc as I feel it's more 'realistic' and engaging.

That's exactly how I feel about the two modes too, particularly the arcade-y vs. more realistic point. I think they did a great job with having both modes available.

For anyone interested, it was indeed the fact that I'd been playing Team Deathmatch on Hardcore instead of Standard mode that stopped me from completing this Team Player challenge. I played a few games of Standard Team Deathmatch and, sure enough, I completed the challenge! :D

Advertisement