Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying car - on a Learner Permit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    im the reason yeah, good man. I have 2 hours of driving a week, I wanna do something different. Ive coffered evrything bar driving on a bloody motorway. Ye are great people slating me because I wanna drive, not just spin round a test route.

Fair play to ya, u obviously are putting the effort in. All those lessons are costly enough.
    I've no doubt after that many lessons-ur gonna be a safe, competent driver. I'm on my second provisional, I thankfully escaped the six month wait for the test, but saying that its no harm waiting either, the few months will fly by. I only drove for a week after the new law came in and then sold my car...it really is not worth the hassle...At one checkpoint I almost pee-d in my pants thinking that I would get a massive fine for not having a fully licensed driver with me, but to be honest they just checked my tax and insurance disc's and waved me on. I think they are lenient enough, haven't heard any negative stories, but I'm afraid to take the risk all the same.
    Have my test coming up next week and have just been taking lessons in my instructors car for the past 2 weeks. Its obviously not the same as having ur own to practice in, but sure c'est la vie....i'll have no bad habits picked up. money well spent. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

sunnyside wrote: »
    .. I personally would prefer to invest some of that money in the cost of the car.
    If everyone learned to drive before coming on to the roads, then we might have road death statistics comparable with some other countries, and a few less young peoples funerals to attend
    . My instructor told me it's much easier to pass a test if you're used to driving around yourself and not just depending on lessons.
    Time to get a better instructor
    My situation's a bit different to most of the posters here though because I'm a 30 year old female, not an 18 year old male and my insurance was €650 so not too expensive.
    UK findings show it takes more lessons to pass for every year over the age or 20.
    You could really benefit from doing those lessons.
    Undoing those bad habits takes longer the more you practice them:(

Talking to a German friend today.

It costs them €2000 to complete their compulsary driving school course before they are allowed on the road. No learner permit there.
    How little people have to complain about here.

Advertisement