Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best thing to do when ya got a free class

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

well what ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

go to the common room where theres pc's to surf the net, pool tables to play pool, a snack bar to get some food and sit down and relax, go to the library and waste an hour on the net, if your not driving go to the bar for a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Last year I used to have a happy 'smoke' and a game of pool/football. =]

Next year I'll be just eating food though, trying to be healthy. Maybe pool and a small bit of football!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Go home! :P

im...LOST wrote: »
    Go home! :P

I used to do that when I lived there too, I'd go home and if i wasnt eating i'd be playing pes 6 getting through the master league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

chatting to my boyfriend online:) he helps me relax so easily. wouldn't mind going ot college bar a few more times now that i'm living right beside the college so i don't have to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

work :)

if it's a 2 or 3 hour gap, home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

All we did last year was sit in the restaurant for a few hours, walk around and that's about it. As good as the bar idea sounds I wouldn't recommend it. If you've got a three hour gap or so and you go to the bar you'd probably feel inclined to give that class a miss and it could end up being a regular occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Coming into the Summer months, a little bit of pitch&putt on Hoeys Lane is good

Oh also check out the Marshes I suppose. It's pretty woeful but I suppose you could kill a bit of time in Zavvi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xmrs-torresx

go to the Bar!!!:D:D or the common room, i was never out of either place!!hahahaha

• Advertisement

go to the Bar!!!:D:D or the common room, i was never out of either place!!hahahaha

excellent choices! :D

awh im gonna miss that place so much!!:(:(moving to NUI Maynooth this year... hoping the bar is as good as the one in dundalk...:D

It's actually a bit better. I was there before. Crowd isn't the greatest but there's always big enough bands playing there like Director, Bell X1 etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

awh im gonna miss that place so much!!:(:(moving to NUI Maynooth this year... hoping the bar is as good as the one in dundalk...:D

I'd say you'll never look back!!!
    The bar in DkIT is a s**th**e; cold, metalic, dead atmosphere, yeah sure good craic if your with a gang, but so is anywhere.

zippy84 wrote: »
    I'd say you'll never look back!!!
    The bar in DkIT is a s**th**e; cold, metalic, dead atmosphere, yeah sure good craic if your with a gang, but so is anywhere.

true, the bar is a bit of a disgrace so it is and is privately owned also, whereas the bar in maynooth is owned by the students union there so drink is cheap but then all events are organised for there so theres no balls about the town. The bar in maynooth is also a kip anyway.

draffodx wrote: »
    true, the bar is a bit of a disgrace so it is and is privately owned also, whereas the bar in maynooth is owned by the students union there so drink is cheap but then all events are organised for there so theres no balls about the town. The bar in maynooth is also a kip anyway.

drink cheap in maynooth??i dont think so!!:eek:vodka & red bull is dead expensive!! in the 3 weeks that i've been here, i've been to the bar once!!!:eek: when i was in DKIT i was in it nearly every day!!!from september till May!lol...

drink cheap in maynooth??i dont think so!!:eek:vodka & red bull is dead expensive!! in the 3 weeks that i've been here, i've been to the bar once!!!:eek: when i was in DKIT i was in it nearly every day!!!from september till May!lol...

well its considered a very close suburb of dublin by now so the prices for a place so close to dublin would be cheap.

I thought the SU had 2euro or 3 euro a drink on mondays?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Ive been in the common room every day playing pool haha. Anyone play loads? Ill probably recognise you, or have played you haha.

Advertisement