Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in cork to bring someone

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

For a romantic strole for example
    i have a date in a few days and want to know where i can bring her,
    somewhere i can go late after the cinema with her?
    can never think of anywhere :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Go to the cinema in Mahon Point, afterwards cross the road outside Mahon Point and walk down the path that's next to the slipway coming off the dual carriageway. Then go over the pedestrian bridge and then take a left, there's a slope on the left and steps on the right. There's a walk next to the water, it's over a mile to Blackrock castle from there.

You could also get there by driving out the Rochestown Road until you get to the Rochestown Inn, park in the car park across the road from the inn and walk towards the apartment. To the left you'll see a walk way, walk down that for around 5 mmiutes (maybe less) go over the old railway bridge and the slope/stairs are on your right with the pedestrian bridge in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Here's a map. If you take the water side path continue past Blackrock Castle and a long the road until you get to the Marina after a while there'll be a path to the left which is the end of the old railway path. The whole circuit is a little over 5 miles.

I doubt you'd want to go for a romantic stroll that's quite that long so it'd probably be nicer to way a bit out the water side path and turn around and come back.

75624730ul6.jpg

Advertisement