Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bionic Commando: Rearmed

• 13-08-2008 7:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Another good game out for XBLA today. Its a remake of the old NES game, with very fluid animation and lovely lighting effects (and nothing to do with the Arcade game).

Trailer | IGN Review | Eurogamer Review

Alot of the achievements seem challenge based too (like Geometry Wars 2).

Definitely worth a demo download anyway....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I loved that game when it first was available for home use, can't remember if I had it on my old Atari 600xl or C64, either way many hours were wasted on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Looks fantastic. Never played or even heard of the original!

I'll be gettin this, thanks Mr.E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yeah this looks pretty damn cool! too many good arcade games coming out recently....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yeah this looks pretty damn cool! too many good arcade games coming out recently....:D

True, MS are shooting themselves in the foot be releasing all these good games after each other. There had been no good XBLA games for a while, they should have spread these out to get better sales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

jester77 wrote: »
    True, MS are shooting themselves in the foot be releasing all these good games after each other. There had been no good XBLA games for a while, they should have spread these out to get better sales!

They released all these good games for a reason. Many people are on holidays and there is no proper games for release (exc Madden) until the end of August. So by releasing them now they get more attention.

Bionic Commando Rearmrd and Geo Wars 2 wouldnt have gotten as much attention if they had of been released during the hectic October/November period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    They released all these good games for a reason. Many people are on holidays and there is no proper games for release (exc Madden) until the end of August. So by releasing them now they get more attention.

Bionic Commando Rearmrd and Geo Wars 2 wouldnt have gotten as much attention if they had of been released during the hectic October/November period.

True, but they could have launched them much earlier in the year or even with 3 weeks between them. I know I won't be buying them all right now, probably would have bought them if they were more spread out. People are only on holidays for 2 or 3 weeks and usually they travel and are away from their xbox. Plus I've been playing very little at the moment with the really nice weather so this also effects sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Most of us aren't in continental Europe, jester - its been March here for the last 5 months so we don't have to worry about nice weather. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mr E wrote: »
    its been March here for the last 5 months so we don't have to worry about nice weather. :)

Ha! it's funny cos it's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems like a very good game, but diagonals are a bitch!

Demo is very short too.... (Part of level 1 and 2 challenge rooms)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wasn't that impressed with this as much as I thought I would be. Could be due to Braid being so incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Loved the original on the C64...

Hated this. As Mr E said, diagonals are a nightmare, especially if you've busted your Dpad and have to use the sticks.

Not a patch on Geometry Wars 2 for the same money.

Also found the "Hacking," more fun than the main gameplay. I am l33t obviously.

Advertisement