Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimation of points for Ucd Arts?

Options
  • 13-08-2008 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Any way of predicting this now the results are out or will I have to wait till the offers are available? It was 345 last year anyone have an idea if it will be higher or lower?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

Probably higher, but not by much, maybe 350. There are more people applying this year, so the points are likely to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Yeah i'd say about 355, got 405 so i'm delighted!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do remember that even though you have the points demand may outweigh the places available so you might not get a place.

Congrats on your results

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Arts rarely changes in points and if it does it's by 5 or 10 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

I'm hoping for not much of a change. I hope there are places available! :S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Do remember that even though you have the points demand may outweigh the places available so you might not get a place.
    Points are based on the demand for the course... :rolleyes:

You will always get into the course if you have more than the points for a course and also have the matriculation requirements.

If you get the exact amount points for that course. Random entry decides who on the exact amount of points gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I doubt it'll go up by much
    10 points max
    I got 410 though, so I'm pretty hopeful I'll get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

Was thinking it might go down points due to the amount of fails in ordinary maths?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

R__J wrote: »
    Was thinking it might go down points due to the amount of fails in ordinary maths?
    People are forgetting that there was a high enough number of fails in ol maths last year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

there wasn't 5000 though. I thought maths wasn't a requirement for arts anyway. Plus it's the added mature students who have increased interest by 6% anyway. It's a shame really, I was only 5 off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

You don't need to have passed maths for 'Arts' in UCD. Just: "Irish, English, a third language, and three other recognised subject."

https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=31

Advertisement