Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

little problem

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

hey just wondeing if anyone could give me their opinions on this:

Noticed past few days a squecking noise of the car as i slow down to stop! remember a similiar noise from a friends but his was consistant and it was his fan belt!
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ur pads could need changin that would be a high pitched sound though, where is it comin from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

guil07 wrote: »
    ur pads could need changin that would be a high pitched sound though, where is it comin from
    Thats what i was thinking!!! It is fairly high pitched but only got car nct'd a month ago so should they be gone already?

were the pads changed for the nct

were the pads changed for the nct
    Think so as the car as suspension issues the first tme it went for it and failed!

ha ya must know if the pads were changed, did ya get charged for them, get somone to have a quick look for ya

• Advertisement

ha ya must know if the pads were changed, did ya get charged for them, get somone to have a quick look for ya

see i bought the car and the garage put it through the nct before i collected it!!!:o Sorry should have explained
    You may be right though ill ask someoen to have a look before i do anything, but needed to know where to start!!! Thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Just take the front wheel off and you can see the thickness of the pad through the caliper. Doesnt sound like the fan belt at all its more the likly the front pads.

Advertisement