Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Engineering Books for Design

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

What are peoples favourite engineering design books/handbooks?

I'm a couple of years out of college and looking for a good guide to real world principles and strategies.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

elbono wrote: »
    What are peoples favourite engineering design books/handbooks?

I'm a couple of years out of college and looking for a good guide to real world principles and strategies.

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific

• Registered Users Posts: 30 elbono

Sorry, what sort of info do you need? I'm looking for Mechanical Engineering Design books, something that is used as a reference by engineers in industry.

something like this maybe. link

I have found a few reviews of books but they are mostly American and so might not apply to metric and European situations.

Alot of reviews talk about Marks Standard Handbook here but again i'm weary of that being overly American. Basically are there any metric handbooks that people can vouch for? Anything people swear by?

If I'm still not being clear please let me know how to be more precise. Thanks for the input kearnsr much appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Machinery's Handbook is essential - it is basically a reference book covering everything mechanical - A lot of it is imperial but it covers all the metric stuff as well and gives conversions where appropriate.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/202-3711181-8699025?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=machinery+handbook&x=0&y=0

More details:
    http://new.industrialpress.com/node/976

Edit: I haven't seen the latest CDROM version but it looks good - I am still using 25th edition.

Advertisement