Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert appeal.

Options
  • 13-08-2008 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey guys, hope the results are going well! I just have a quick querry. I got a b2 in irish this year which is good i know but i was seriously shocked! I got a b1 last year(i repeated) and a high a1 in the mock, i even felt the exam went great! Is there any way of appealing this without waiting until the second round ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Ring your careers teacher as soon as you can they should be in the school today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

ajc123 wrote: »
    hey guys, hope the results are going well! I just have a quick querry. I got a b2 in irish this year which is good i know but i was seriously shocked! I got a b1 last year(i repeated) and a high a1 in the mock, i even felt the exam went great! Is there any way of appealing this without waiting until the second round ?

The papers will come back to the school at some stage, and you should definitely fill in the form to look at the subjects you're 'iffy' about. make sure to bring your teacher because its not so clear-cut in language subjects. If/when you look at it and you're still not happy you should send it off to be re-corrrected.

However, this takes ages and the results aren't out to October so you mightn't get offered your place, but this depends on what college you apply to. I know that loads of people last year got offered places in trinity after remarks, but that is probably mainly due to the fact that the college year starts so late anyway.

If however, when you pick up your script and there is 'a clear discrepency' between your mark, and the grade received, it can be fast-tracked and the new grade awarded and sent to the cao. If this is the case, you should get offered your higher choice, if you are a few points away and made them up by the higher grade.

If there is a very obvious mistake in the way the script was marked, like an answer left unmarked or a right answer marked wrong, then you have to go through the whole remarking process, as far as I know.

Best of luck with it anyway, I got 2 scripts remarked last year and neither of them went up so make sure you have a good look to save yourself the money, (although the money is immaterial if you get the course you want) and if you're not happy with the results of an appeal you can take it further, so don't dispair!! :)

Advertisement