Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopetronic House Alarm - power cut problem

Options
  • 13-08-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have recently moved to a house which has a Scopetronic Vista 5+ alarm system. It has a fire alarm as part of it.

A couple of times recently the local area has suffered from power cuts. When this happens the control panel displays messages which confirm there is no power (such as 'F1', 'FF' and 'PF') and the smoke detector beeps every 30 seconds or so. This is very annoying - especially last night's power cut which started at 3.30 in the morning and kept us awake until it was time to go to work!

I've checked the manuals for the Scopetronic, and I can't find anything about turning this off the noise - it seems there is nothing I can do to silence the beep - so any advice on how to stop this would be very gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

depending on how the smokes are wired it sounds like you need to change the back up battery in the panel. when the power is cut the panel should keep opperating as normal and posably beep to let you know the power is gone. but once you aknowledge this by entering your code the beeps should stop. if your smoke detectors are wired to your alarm its posible there is a secondary power supply unit, if so check the batterys in this also. the most common battery for that type of system is a 12 volt 7 amp battery.
    the batterys are usually about 15 euro plus vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SRH

Thanks. The trouble is we don't know where the fire alarm battery might be. Would the battery be in the main panel unit? The actual detector is on the landing but the part of the ceiling over the bottom of the stairs, rather the landing floor, so it's really difficult to get to.

My wife also told me that when she got home from work, the power was on and the actual burglar alarm was sounding outside. Presumably this was because of the power coming back on again?

Advertisement