Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the things not to miss in ty

• 13-08-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Well, as we are nearly back at school, I was wondering what things people thought made tran year so good and what to do and not to do. Like a musical and tour are kind of obvious, but apart from that, what would ye recommend???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

The three best things in TY are

1.Mini Company
    2.Work Experience
    and then between
    3.Blastbeat or The Outings like Paintball and so on..

I think anyways,
    were doing a driving things this year though =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

For me the best things about transition year were: work experience, having to look after those electronic babies for a week (your school mighn't do that) and all those little trips up to Dublin that mainly just resulted in shopping rather than learning historical facts about our country. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The best things were doss..Get on well with teachers and Watchinf films every day...
    Worst things,,,MINI COMPANY..it is so ghey,,,,WORK EXP. and GOING INTO 5TH YEAR

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not in TY, I'm a teacher, but one of our most popular activities is the Young Social Innovators Event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Make sure you get the best Work Experience you can get, otherwise itll be a waste of a week.

e.g I did 2 weeks in a recording studio which was just kinda ****e more than anything else, i learnt a little about the industry (ie dont get into it unless you have a death wish)

I spent 4 days(bank holiday weekend shortened it) in a Biochem lab in Trinity and it was amazing. Just dont do something easy for the sake of it.

• Advertisement

Im doing YSI =]

I think this year we only get 4 days of Work Experience in my school :(
    Thinking of going to Mallow Hospital though or the local chemist to learn about medicine :)
    Not too pushed about the reward really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i do not miss anything about ty worst year of my life

TY going brilliant so far,
    Just came back from UL activity centre, brilliant =]
    Loads more stuff to go, looking forward to tomorrow, Mini-Company interviews, going for Finincial Director...
    Also thinking of a name =]
    Unique selection.
    Cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no its just no good 5th year is so much fun than ty and i have done ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Carlingford was the highlight for my TY last year, and EYP for a select 6 of us and then there was like a Musical we wrote ourselves, organized and directed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

TY is different in every school, but the thing that doesnt change is that if you dont get involved, it wont be as fun.... if you sit at the back of the class and do nothing, that gets really old, really quickly, remember, your in the year for 8 months.... get involved... it isnt that taxing, and besides, you wont have anything else to do :)

also, if there is anything you want to do that requires free time, start it now, dont wait till fifth year... i.e. wanna start a band, do it now, and get plenty of practice in..

are you 16? get a job now, and start saving for the leaving cert... trust me, you dont wanna be working in sixth year... too many 18ths and too much study to do, but at the same time your gonna need money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ysi. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

spurious wrote: »
    I'm not in TY, I'm a teacher, but one of our most popular activities is the Young Social Innovators Event.

yea, ysi is unreal

Advertisement