Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursery in the West - saplings

Options
  • 13-08-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi there....does anyone know a fairly good nursery anywhere in the West that they could recommend. I'm based in Galway and will travel any reasonable distance. I'm looking for a variety of young trees (saplings) and grasses for a new house as below
    Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Quercus ilex (Holly Oak) Crataegus Monogina(Common Hawthorn) Crataegus Paul Scarlet Betula jacquemontii (White-barked Birch) Hazel Fagus Sylvatica (Common Beech) Phormium Bronze Baby Miscanthis Sinensis Stipa Ponytails

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Bought all mine online from www.futureforests.net in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

jamesd wrote: »
    Bought all mine online from www.futureforests.net in Cork
    Thanks jamesd, was looking at that site and this one http://www.3fatpigs.co.uk/. Is the delivery charge much or did you collect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

this place on the dublin side of foxford is deadly and has loads of saplings,dont know the name but i picked up a silver birch there recently you cant miss it..its signposted really well,you are practically out of the town before you see it,are you near mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

I ordered 450 hedge trees and delivery to outside of Portumna in Galway wasent too much from what I can remember. They were wrapped very well and sent on a monday and I had them on a wenesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 3fatpigs

mchammer wrote: »
    Hi there....does anyone know a fairly good nursery anywhere in the West that they could recommend. I'm based in Galway and will travel any reasonable distance. I'm looking for a variety of young trees (saplings) and grasses for a new house as below
    Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Quercus ilex (Holly Oak) Crataegus Monogina(Common Hawthorn) Crataegus Paul Scarlet Betula jacquemontii (White-barked Birch) Hazel Fagus Sylvatica (Common Beech) Phormium Bronze Baby Miscanthis Sinensis Stipa Ponytails
    Hi,

If you email me your order of sizes and quantitys I will give you a price.Delivery is £5.95/E7.20 per order of top quality plants robert@3fatpigs.co.uk. I'm based in Co.Down.

Robert

• Advertisement
Advertisement