Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about BT's cap

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Is BT's cap a combination of uploads and downloads or downloads only? I'm on the 2Mb package and left a torrent going for a few days and it uploaded a fair amount. i have a dl meter installed and it resets for every billing cycle, and it currently shows my total dl/ul for the month so far at 22GB (my cap is 20)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I believe it is a combination of both. But if you are on "Option 2" the cap is now 30GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No BT's cap is only for download. Ive had this confirmed by a number of phone monkeys working for them.

They will not charge you for going over, but will simply throttle your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Anti wrote: »
    No BT's cap is only for download. Ive had this confirmed by a number of phone monkeys working for them.

I would confirm that with a screenshot if I wasn't so lazy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

FAQ updated to reflect this info :)
    thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement