Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    No theres no way thats correct.

From my experience last year, that seemed to be true in most cases. A good few of my friends were disappointed with their results and got rechecks, and I think only one of them didn't go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

C1 in the mocks and now a D3 in honours. I feel dirty...

Ahwell, got the points in the end, plus how many others can boast to having a C2 in Japanese :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I got a 69% in the mocks and we weren't given the extra 20 mins you're allowed in the real exam. So I basically had 40 mins more in the real exam and I only managed a C2.:(
    This was after hours of studying and I was expecting an A2.
    I'm definately gonna appeal that result...

By the way, does anyone know how to go about appealing the results? How much does it cost per subject?
    And do you have to pay to view each of our scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

blue-army wrote: »
    By the way, does anyone know how to go about appealing the results? How much does it cost per subject?
    And do you have to pay to view each of our scripts?

It's free to view, you must apply by Tuesday the 19th of August though.

Dunno how much it is to appeal them though..

I got 57% in my mocks, only started the course in the middle of October cause I repeated and never actually watched ''My Left Foot'' or read ''How many Miles to Babylon'' and just found out I got an A2. Happy happy happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

Got an A2. delighted so i am... thought I messed up on the comparative. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I got a c3 and was expecting higher!!! i dont think many got a's in my school....maybe 1 if even that....teachers were even shocked at the low results.... nearly the whole year are getting it re-checked!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Eegah

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

C3:( got a B1 in mocks(which our teacher said was marked tough enough) so no clue where i went wrong!!
    Appealling asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aoibheann.

I got an A1... 10 out of 18 people in my class got A's....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I got an A1 and am shocked/delighted. I got a B1 in the mocks and I can't wait to view my paper to see how the hell I got the A. Remember, English is completely subjective and up to the examiner's opinion so people who think they deserved more should certainly get them rechecked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mognet

I got my A1 too, thank God! Was dreading it, as it's one of those subjects that can go either way.

some people were very sad with theirs though today ='(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

I got a B1 but i expected an A2 cos i got 84% in my mock and felt the LC went better than that. I'm gonna view the paper though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Got 55 in my pre and ended up with a A1, which i had expected from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I got an a1.

So delighted!!

I got the highest in my year in the mocks and that was a b3 and i would have been so upset if i'd gotten any lower in the real thing cause my teacher said the mock was an a paper!!

Happy happy happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

I did the lc last year and from what i can rememeber the results some people got in english were completely not what either they or anybody else would hav expected!!
    Whereas in other subjects, like maths or german, one cud normally make a good prediction as to what one would get, with english, people who were expected to get a1's got c's and people who were not really brilliant at english during their time at school ended up with a's. :confused:
    Just looking at the results day supplement ting in the independent this mornin and saw a statistic that said more than twice as many get their english papers rechecked than other subjects... id probly give it a go if i felt i was cheated out of a result but id bear in mind that last year only 15% of the english rechecks resulted in upgrades..like geography and biology were nearly double that which id find suprising as it seems like it would b easier for an examiner to squeeze extra marks out of an english exam appeal!! maybe its to do with keeping points levels steady, seeing that more appeal english but i dont know.
    First post ever by the way!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A1...but I'm totally going to view that paper to find out how they could possibly equate an A1 to that illegible mess.

Got an A1 aswell and only wrote 3 pages for my essay...>.<
    I'm quite curious to see how many marks I got for that incredibly rushed piece of writing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

A1

English is marked way too subjectively though for my liking. I'm sure there are people out there with b1's that deserved A1's and so on. Too much varies from one mark to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

A2.. i thought i was terrible. Got C's and D's all year, even a C2 in the mocks. what the hell ! I'll take what i get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

Got an A2!! Absolutely thrilled! would have been happy with a B or even a C. I got 7 A1s and the A2 in English, happier with the english grade more than the other seven put together!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

English is marked way too subjectively though for my liking. I'm sure there are people out there with b1's that deserved A1's and so on. Too much varies from one mark to the next.

Absolutely, unlike other subjects it can be very difficult to know how you did. I've been a C/B student for the past two years and I got an A1. :/

• Advertisement

C1 for my favourite subject.. exceptionally pissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Talking about getting unexpected surprises. I opened the envelope and just looked down the right column at the first result and it said "B1". Having got an B2 in the pre, and having the goal of getting just a B the goal of my teacher I just assumed it was honours English result.

Then I looks down at the next result - A1 - look over - its actually English - what a shock!! Like I geot a few other A1's, but like I kinda expected them a bit, so seeing this was just such a surprise.

My foot was shaking driving home.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

C1 for my favourite subect.. exceptionally pissed!

snap...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

a1, it was the one i seriously wanted, so i was delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

B2, but I got an A2 in the pre so I was kinda annoyed

But I think it was defently marked hard cause some people i know who are amazing at english only got C2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

i agree!
    Got an A in the junior cert and an a2 in the pres....but ended upwith a C2 yesterday.....grrrr
    I was really bettin on an A1 or 2....so i was quite gutted....x(

I'll have enough points for my course (score!!) but i think i'll get it re-checked, just for pride's sake....*sniff*

But congrats everyone......:D

And also!!! i think, at 18, ive hit the end of my "youth era"....ive nevvver had such an awful hangover:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The_Tempest

lovechem wrote: »
    b2

PHYSCED. Really thought I made a balls of my essay

Haha thats the exact same as me mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

B1.

Thought I did rubbish.
    Paper 1 is my favourite thing about the Leaving, love that paper. The essay in particular. Paper 2 is a nightmare for me, so if the God of the Leaving Cert said two months back "Yo Donal, will ya take a B1 maybe?" I'd go "Of course, cheers! Pint?"

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

A1 and I was expecting a B.. Most people in my year were happy so we might have got a nice corrector.. Or we're all just super-talented :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

B3

I thought coming out of the exam that I did better, but oh well....B3 is quite good for me in any subject

My friend who was one of the best in our English class, and got a B in the mocks, got a D in the LC. Weird.

Advertisement