Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Heretic

C2, i'm really pissed, got A's and B's throughout 6th year and I thought the exams were good and then I got that, i'm definetly getting it remarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Sounds like loads of people did really well, loads of A1s in this thread. Perhaps many are disappointed because there's always a bell curve, so if loads of people do well, others will do worse in comparison... if that makes sense!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I'd love to see how boardsies compare to the rest off the population....who wants to make a snazzy graph? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Guys, English is marked ridicuously. Last year I got a B2 on results day after getting straight A's in school. I had my points, but I got a few rechecks anyway cos I was so upset about English. I ended up going up to an A1. If you think you deserved better, you most likely did.

Idiot, whoever marked it the first time...

Hey I'm exactly in your situation, got 505 overall and i was totally over the moon!Im goin for commerce in UCC so i defo got it. However i got 89% in the pre but got a B1 in the real thing, I was positive I at least got an A2 if not an A1. I prob wouldnt appeal either if it wasnt for the fact that my idiot friend got an A2! I can just feel that I got a ****ty/tired examiner that didnt do me justice. Anyone think I'm crazy for appealing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

Got a D1 in the mocks

A2 IN THE REAL THING! SOOOOO HAPPY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

got a D2 in the mocks to a B2, all i can say is thank you institute of education!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Master Splinter

Got a C3 in the mock and B3 in the Leavin,delighted cos my teacher kept tellin me my work was D grade all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Kimmy-XxX

A2 in mocks A1 in the real thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

A2!! dropped from an A1...Derek Mahon...WHHHHYY...Boland why not you ????????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I got a b3 i was happy but a little disappointed because i got an A2 in the mocks but oh well still an honour :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

Aoibheann. wrote: »
    I got an A1... 10 out of 18 people in my class got A's....

I got an A1, but i'm the only one in a year of 150 people that did!! :eek: (apart from the pass english classes, good few A1s there)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jaysus you all did very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

I got a B1, was delighted. Got a C3 in the mocks. Had brilliant grinds teacher. 11 people 5 A1's 6 B1's:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

B2 in mock, A1 in real thing. Would have been delighted but also wanted A1 in biology and got B1 and disappointed with history too. Oh well, A1 in English still brings a smile to my face. Congrats, majority of results in this thread seem wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jules90'

Stressed! wrote: »
    C1 totally gutted!!:(:(:(:(

ditto!!! i've only ever gotten A's and high B's and i really put my head down and was rolling out essay after essay in the months leading up to the leaving cert. coming out of the exam i was pretty confidant and then i opened my results last wednesday and was shocked at my C1. :( turns out most the people in my year are going for re-checks in English anyway. i'd say some dodgey marking!!! congrats to all those who did well tho :D

Advertisement