Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I got 70 points :)
    Who cares its all the one im still going into a college spend a year get a Fetac and hopefully a transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Got 600

Irish (O) - A1
    English (H) - C1
    Maths (H) - A1
    Geography (H) - A1
    Accounting (H) - A1
    Physics (H) - A1
    German (H) - A1
    Applied Maths (H) - A1

Hope everybody got what they wanted. Thanks boards for all the help and support. Good Luck to all starting the LC this year.

Ckal wrote: »
    Well done, guys!

Here are my results:

Irish (O) - D2 (Seriously?! I thought I failed it!)
    English (H) - C2 (Weee!)
    Math (O) - C3 (Ha! In your face Ms. Walsh!)
    Geography (H) - C1 (wooooot)
    French (O) - B2 (:D)
    Art (H) - C1 (Very pleased. I screwed up the Art:History paper!)
    Business (O) - B2 (yay!)

Overall, I got 315, then minus Irish and I have 305. Not great, but I only needed 260 for my course. It's a level 7, but I hope to continue on and do the extra year for the Honours Degree. It's Tourism in DIT. But I think I'll defer it for a year to get my head sorted. :D

:D i sat my exams externally and only decided to do Business in May, so without the time to the course i just looked over a few exam papers to get the jist and i got an A2... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

270 here.

Very happy, comp science in DIT was only 210 last year and I met the requirements this year.

I dont see the point on trying to get the highest in your year, its about what you want. Im delighted with 270 and my course is a Honours Bachelor (Level 8 NFQ).

after this course, hoping all goes well, i'll get a job any day, computers is the way to go, 21st century lights!!!

270 points= grand!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Id say the survey is flawed...6 people already say they got 600,please i dont believe that for a second...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Eegah

IRISH (Foundation Level) - B1...Sabaiste cabaiste! I'm very proud of this result. I blatantly did not need this subject for my course, and as such I took the piss-easy (yet ridiculously time-consuming) route of joining the bottom class, just me, the diligent goths and brain-dead rugby jocks. I didn't bother going to this futile and condescending class at all for the final three months, so my result is rather miraculous. But no points counted.

· ENGLISH (Higher Level) - A1...this is my magnum opus, my piece de resistance, the absolute pinnacle of my academic career thus far...I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing, even as the principal read it out to me in the corridor so I could add up my scores...looks like all those months of cramming in technical devices and quotes for Othello, comparative + 5 poets have paid off splendidly! Didn't hurt that my teacher was a killer educator whom we could actually relate to in all her spunky pizzazz. 25 pages of some of the best Leaving Cert material in the country right there...oh yah. Huzzah! 100 points

· MATHAMATICS (Ordinary Level) - B1...very, very solid if I do say so - especially for someone like me who's cried like a baby in the past because their cranial matter has been so perpetually wrung out and shredded by maths formulae and calculus theorems for the past six years. Dead chuffed. 45 points

· HISTORY (Higher Level) - B1...wow, I hated this subject. It was honestly one of the most difficult and demanding tasks I've ever had to complete...but LBJ came up, which was a doss in the US-based documents question, and Goebbels' and Riefenstahl's contribution to propaganda in Nazi Germany was easy enough, same with Cultural Nationalism in Ireland back in the late 1800s (wrote 5 pages on that)...sure, my Treaty Negotiations account was literally two pages of residual crap at the end and probably cost me the A...but I was surely boosted by the vibrant spirit of Édith Piaf whose extraordinary story dominated my pre-submitted history project. Bravo! 85 points

· GEOGRAPHY(Higher Level) - C1...I am shocked, relieved and somewhat baffled that this result is as high as it is. That time I spent in that rainwashed gym, racking my brains and hastily scribbling down any Significant Relevant Points I could muster (virtually everything I'd learned was rendered Irrelevant upon reading the paper) was the most hellish two-and-a-half hours entire life...an impossible barrage of tasks and combinations focusing on physical, regional, human enviornment and ocean/atmosphere topics. I memorised an obscene amount of information that I never got to use for one reason or another, even my teacher said she nearly died when she saw that paper, and as such I think they maybe marked it easier and my pre-submitted field study may have boosted me a bit. I barely finished anything...but now I'm finished foreveeer! 70 points

· GERMAN (Ordinary Level) - B1...Ich bin sehr glücklich um dieses Ergebnis! After my hideous performance in the mocks (especially my stilted, hyperventilatory oral exam) I had resigned myself to the fact that mein Deutsch wäre immer Scheiße...but was totally surprised by what breeze the written exam was, and how fluent I managed to appear in the oral. If only I didn't temporary go deaf for that aural. Ah well...can't win 'em all. 45 points

· ART (Higher Level) - B3...this was slightly disappointing. As relaxing and ridiculously entertaining those golden Friday afternoons had been simply sketching and painting and listening languidly to the off-kilter whimsicality of our teacher's tangents, we learnt very little technique - with practically no input, no written homework and no clue about the Art History course. I was stressed like hell in traffic before my practicals and positively exhausted by the time the written exam finally came 'round, meanwhile my sketching practice routine had been quite sporadic. I ended up doing an ink drawing of Helena Bonham Carter in The Order of the Phoenix for the film appreciation question. My work was good, I think - it's just an extremely difficult subject to get an A in...you have to real flair. 75 points

Total: 420 points out of a possible 520 party.gif

Anyway, I never dreamed I'd do this well...and I've never felt quite so light-headed and carefree - these points can now be added to the full marks I got in my film portfolio to bring me to a grand total of 1020...whoah...yeah, there's no way it's going to jump that high come next Monday - last year it was 915. I'm set. On my way to the IADT, down by the coast... aura.gif

And I'm totally thrilled for everyone else who did so well from my year - and everyone here! It's been lovely to read of your experiences over the past few months. Am gonnan get sum much needd shuteye soon (total insomniac in da wee hours of dismornin) n go out to get pished toniiiaghtsss!#!! wazup.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

well .....

English A2
    Chemistry A2
    Irish B2
    French B2
    Music B2
    Biology B1
    Maths C3

All HL wooo!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Fol20 wrote: »
    2 people in my year got 600....they got 11 As in the Jc as well...i only got 410 ;(........im praying i get bis is ucc...can anyone estimate how much its gonna be in ucc this year...it was 390 last year.Btw did anyone get a odd mark in geography...i only got a C1 in that,was expecting a A in it because iv never gotten lower than a B1 and i felt the Geography exam went reaally well for me.

Yeah, I got a C1 in geography, got that last year too and I'm fully sure I did much better this year.. Somethings not quite right..
    Caoimhe89 wrote: »
    600! Quite happy. Shocked actually.

Esp. about applied maths and english... never ever thought I'd get an A1... my English teacher told me I was a B student. If I was lucky.

Are you the girl who got 9 A1's? Her name was Caoimhe too I think..

400 points myself, really happy, wasn't expecting an A2 in english at all!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Caoimhe89 wrote: »
    600! Quite happy. Shocked actually.

Esp. about applied maths and english... never ever thought I'd get an A1... my English teacher told me I was a B student. If I was lucky.

yeh are you that one from Kerry that got 8 or 9 A's.

My mothers down there and heard about it and told me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Good lord, plenty of bainy fookers here, well done people. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Eegah wrote: »
    · GERMANY (Ordinary Level) - B1...Ich bin sehr glücklich um dieses Ergebnis! After my hideous...

I didn't know you could take an entire country as an exam subject...

I jest, I jest! Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nairy-hipples

Irish B1

English B1

Maths B1

Classical Studies C3

French A2

Biology A2

Economics B2

(all higher level) delighted with my maths, got a D3 in my mocks but i put a lot of effort into it! really dissapointed wit Economics, got an A1 in the mocks so i might get it appealled.

Overall i got 515, i hope its enough to get me into a physiotherapy course in Dublin! im praying to God that it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I got 440 points! Proud of myself!

Gaeilge (o) B3 - Very surprised with this did harly any work for Irish

English (h) C1 - happy but a B would have been nicer! :D

Maths (h) C2 - A solid grade, best I could have achieved

History (h) B1 - Dissapointed, was working towards an A

Geography (h) B3 - Woo was only expecting a C I hate geography!!

Business (h) B1 - lovely happy with this

Japanese (h) C3 - Dissapointed tbh, was hoping for a C1/B3

Overall Im really happy with my 440. My course was only 290 last year so I think im sorted for Monday. Well done to everyone :)

I didn't know you could take an entire country as an exam subject...

I jest, I jest! Congrats!

Ooops. Typo in a fit of ecstasy, I assure you. Thanks. Same to you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Just back in from the local pub.
    I basically did two weeks study and got 475 points.
    Absolute robbery maybe, but the mammy is still proud enough.

Sorted for Monday. Will be in Dorans tonight, and then 21s I imagine. Feel very lucky, best wishes to all no matter what was written on the paper tonight....life will not be dictated by a sheet of paper, don't worry.

A girl in my year got 7 A1s, fair play to her.

"Carefree,
    wherever we may be......"

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ccass1502

wasn't nervous until last night. sh****g it this morning. nearly died when principal gave me my cert. Bio (H) A1, Fre (H) A2, Hist (O) A2, Eng (H) B1, Irish (H) C1, Chem (H) C2, Maths (H) D2.
    Jaw drop

was expectin 405 maybe
    but these put me at a grand total of 455.
    love it as now i have enough for Media Stds in Maynooth...didn't think i would have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nairy-hipples

got 515! disappointed wit Economics which i will b appealling! i got a B2 and i got an A1 in the mocks, its my best subject, im really hoping for Physiotherapy

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

English-A1- absoloutely thrilled with that one!!
    Irish-B2- about what i expected
    French-B1- really happy with that
    Maths-B3- thought i got a C so I'm delighted
    Biology-A2- same as I got in the mocks
    Chemistry-B2- thought I'd get the A
    Music-B2- best I could have hoped for after a disasterous practical!

Overall 515 so I'm really pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Fol20 wrote: »
    Id say the survey is flawed...6 people already say they got 600,please i dont believe that for a second...

don't forget about the 3 who said they were happy with what they got......they could have got 600 :D .....so that's potentially 9 .....i believe that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

English B1
    Irish B1
    Maths C2
    Spanish B1
    Music A-frickin-1!
    Home ec B1
    Biology A2

530 - delighted!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mognet

English (h) - A1
    Irish (h) - B3
    Geography (h) - B1
    Biology (h) - A2
    Business (h) - A2
    French (h) - B2
    Maths (o) - B3

520 points, over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

525 and all i needed was 320+ so i'm gutted that i could've done less work

Maths HB1 -
    English HA1-
    Physics HB2-
    Geo HA2-
    Bio HA2-
    Ger HB2-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

why does it go to 595 when there is no way u can get 595!?!?

I got an A1 in Geo, would have settled for way less.. I thought at best I would get a C3 (same as Mock)..just goes to show!!

anyone else think Irish was marked VERY HARD!??
    The An Triail questions ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I got 405 and i'm delighted!!

A1 in english!!

Marketing in Dit here i come.. Hopefully.

420...I could not believe I broke the 400 mark, I only got 280 in the mocks...it certainly put a spring in my step and was more than 100 points over what I needed thanks to my flawless film porfolio. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Irish-h-b1
    English-h-b2
    Economics-h-c2
    History-h-c2
    Accounting-h-d1
    French-o-b1

Got 395, needed 425, needless to say I'm not in the bestest of moods.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

425 here, Delighted that I broke the 400 barrier :)

A few people i know got 570+ ........... freaks! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

All HL

A2 in Irish
    B1 in Physics
    B3 in English
    C2 in Maths
    C3 in Geography
    D2 in Applied Maths

fookin delighted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

i got 240 points..........absolutely ****ing delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

mars bar wrote: »
    Got 385
    Irish(o) B1
    English(h) B3
    French(h) C3
    History(h) C3
    Biology(h) B1
    Accounting(h) C3

Was hoping for around 360! I'm really happy!:D

Snap, 385.
    Irish (O) B1
    English (H) C2