Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

8 A1s!! 600 points!

I'm still in absolute shock, I burst into tears as soon as I seen my results sheet :p

I'm most shocked about Accounting - HOW did I manage an A1?? That paper was horrendous...and my suspense question was a mess.

Got-
    Irish (H) - A1
    English (H) - A1
    Maths (H) - A1
    French (H) - A1
    Physics (H) - A1
    Chemistry (H) - A1
    Accounting (H) - A1
    Applied Maths (H ) - A1

Anyway, now it's PARTAY time! :D
    And well done to everyone, whatever ye got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

440!!! WOOOOOO
    but i got a C2 in french which sucks cause i kinda needed a C1!..........repeating that anyway ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Wow thats fantastic. Congrats :D

Thank you! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

got 515! disappointed wit Economics which i will b appealling! i got a B2 and i got an A1 in the mocks, its my best subject, im really hoping for Physiotherapy

515 might be enough, it went down a little last year and applications are (allegedly) down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Got 470 points still cant believe it
    Did all honours, was the only person in our school to do this and was the only person who sat the honours maths paper (owing to the fact that the teacher is an idiot!)

Biology- B1 (:eek: shocked. was ezpecting maybe C2!)
    Music- B1 (lovin it!! )
    French- B1 (tout it was a lovely paper, go on the french grinds!!)
    English- B3 (disappointed. coulda done a lot better here if i had worked on it! :()
    Maths- C1 (:D :D:D)
    Irish- C1 (easily my worst subject, the oral really helped here! :P)
    Art- C1 (very disappointed but know its due to the awful paper not the practical)

Well done to every1 else as well!! Thanks for all the hints advice and help all the way thru!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jaysus well done everyone.

Still in shock myself, got 600 points. I'll tell you the school was delighted.

Got...

Irish A1 (SO HAPPY :D)
    English A1
    Maths A1
    French A2
    Art A2 (totally surprised about this, considering I couldn't do half the history paper)
    Applied Maths A1
    Physics A1
    Music A1

Been grinning like an idiot all day. Guess I didn't go down from my mocks.

Now I'm going to merge the results threads.

Well done again everyone! Even if you didn't get what you want, still go out and celebrate, you've had a tough 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

think 545 will be ok for pharmacy in rcsi? random selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

managed a 545.. shock was not the word for me. jeeeeesus. burst into tears, and ran away! haha.. I got an A1 in art!and my teacher had no faith in me..
    :D:D:D yipeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

:D

Irish (O) C1: Very weak at this, infact was slightly worried I had failed. I had an exemption for it from matriculation into NUI's, but silly me never sent the form!

English (H) B3: Sort of what I expected, maybe a little higher. I never enjoyed it, and was relieved to get it over with.

Maths (O) A2: Was in honours 'till a few months before the exams, so just done this for matriculation.

Geography (H) B1: Delighted; teacher was crap and done a question on the paper that we had never studied. Was maybe expecting a B3 or so.

French (H) C2: V Happy with this, I am awful at French. Always hated it, and was thinking of dropping levels. Happy I didn't in the end!

Accounting (H) A1: Thrilled with this, was hoping for the A1 during the year but found the paper very though thanks to not preparing the stuff that came up :o. Thought I would get at best a B, so this result was very pleasing.

Business (H) A1: My favourite subject, thought by a fantastic teacher. Loved it, and delighted and relieved to have got my A1 in it!

Economics (H) B2: Happy enough with this, but to be honest I thought I had done a bit better than this after the exam. I might have a look at the paper just for the interest.

Overall I got 505 :D:D:D:D, and am thrilled. Was expecting maybe 450ish beforehand (well thats conservative I suppose)

Anyway, just have to wait till Monday now to see how many people put their name forward for this new course in NUIG...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Congrats to all who got their results today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stillwater10

I got 490 and i still cant believe it.Thought i might get about 400-410

Irish-(O)B1
    English-(H)B3
    Maths(H)B3
    Geography(H)A2
    German(H)A2
    Physics(H)B3
    Accounting(H)B1 (cant believe i got that,thought i made a balls of it)

Overall i'm delighted must thank boards for the english result.Derek Mahon made that result happen:):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Irish(OL) - C1

I'm happy enough, a did pretty much nothing for Irish as I never intended in using it for points.

English(HL) - C2

I got 83 in the mocks I think, which I knew was too high. All my previous tests to that I'd been getting around a C2, so I'm pleased with that as i ran out of time on the day.

Maths(OL) - B1

I dropped to Ordinary in 6th year, and kind of neglected it, I would have liked the A.

Geography(HL) - C1

Not really happy, but I expected as much. I did an extra question which I didn't have to do and ended up runnong out of time on another one, my mistake, and a bad one at that. Down from roughly 75 in the mocks when i expected to climb.

French(OL) - C1

I dislike languages, same story as Irish really. I know I'm capable of better if i put the work into the languages, but I dont like them, so thats the end of it!

Physics(HL) - D3

I wasnt really expecting that! I would have liked to do better, I dont know about getting it rechecked...

Engineering(HL) - A1

I was hoping for an A, but I thought I might have dropped. I did put the work in and it paid off.

Tech. Drawing(HL) - C3

I'm gonna get this rechecked, It was an alright paper but i know there were some spurious things I didnt get.

LCVP - Merit

Happy with this, I do no business subjects, and I think they doo help a small bit. 70 out of this would have been nice, but what can ya do!

390 - only need like 305 for Mech. Engineering in DIT so I'm grand! I do feel sorry for ppl who missed out by a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Quite happy overall, but teh apt maths was kinda dissappointing.... kinda really dissappointing. Guess I shoulda gave the poor fellow a bit more attention

Anyhow I got 590

English - A2 - Pretty surprised, seeing as though I only did half a page on teh comprative
    Maths - A1
    French - A1
    Apt - A2 - Only thing in teh leaving I am unhappy with, I'd trade a zillion french A1s for an apt A1 tbh
    Physics - A1
    Chem - A1
    Biology - A1
    Irish(O) - B1 - hee ho hoho, take that "the man".

Well done everyone else too. Very impressive (and humbling :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Well done all of you.

Well done all of you.

+1

Enjoy yourselves tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I got 340, seems quite low compared to what all of you's got though, but i'm happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

+1

Enjoy yourselves tonight

Get out of here mr spitfire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

285..pritty low compared to the rest of ya's but im happy:D..seriously we need to inform all the young kids out there..Join Boards..just look at the results:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another reminder that boards.ie is not a true cross-section of society - particularly the LC and JC forums, which require internet access and a computer.

Don't ever be ashamed of your results - if you got 100 points and tried your best, it's something to be proud of.

Well done to all who got the results they deserved today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

congrats to all of you who got your results today - enjoy your night out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

Jaysus well done everyone.

Still in shock myself, got 600 points. I'll tell you the school was delighted.

Got...

Irish A1 (SO HAPPY :D)
    English A1
    Maths A1
    French A2
    Art A2 (totally surprised about this, considering I couldn't do half the history paper)
    Applied Maths A1
    Physics A1
    Music A1

Been grinning like an idiot all day. Guess I didn't go down from my mocks.

Now I'm going to merge the results threads.

Well done again everyone! Even if you didn't get what you want, still go out and celebrate, you've had a tough 2 years.
    that kinda thinglooks good for the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Well done each and every one of you, regardless of how far you pursue your acedemic career, no exam will ever be as pressurised as this one. Have a great time tonight guys (feeling like a kindly old auntie here lol):)

Also, FYI for those of you who are disappointed. There is ALWAYS a scenic route into achieving what you want to do. If you didn't do as well as you had hoped, do not freak out, take stock, enjoy yourself and then re-focus. I did, failed French, and 11 years later earning more money than anyone in my entire year (with job satisfaction!!) so what I'm saying is, although well done to those who did well, those who didn't, it is NOT the end of the world.

Now go on your pesky youngsters and have a good un xx

Got 470 points still cant believe it
    Did all honours, was the only person in our school to do this and was the only person who sat the honours maths paper (owing to the fact that the teacher is an idiot!)

Biology- B1 (:eek: shocked. was ezpecting maybe C2!)
    Music- B1 (lovin it!! )
    French- B1 (tout it was a lovely paper, go on the french grinds!!)
    English- B3 (disappointed. coulda done a lot better here if i had worked on it! :()
    Maths- C1 (:D :D:D)
    Irish- C1 (easily my worst subject, the oral really helped here! :P)
    Art- C1 (very disappointed but know its due to the awful paper not the practical)

Well done to every1 else as well!! Thanks for all the hints advice and help all the way thru!! :cool:
    same as i done all honours. got 495 , but i got a fair land when i saw the only e on the page . f in honours maths. gettin it checked because i worked my hole of for that subject.
    got an a1 in construction and a b2 in in tech graph. them 2 results just made my day, my favourite subs so im happy.
    oh and i failed physics in the mock only 20 percent and got a c2 in it.
    Fair play to all you guys on your results.
    and finally before i go -- LETS PARTAY ON!!!:D

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Well done each and every one of you, regardless of how far you pursue your acedemic career, no exam will ever be as pressurised as this one. Have a great time tonight guys (feeling like a kindly old auntie here lol):)

Also, FYI for those of you who are disappointed. There is ALWAYS a scenic route into achieving what you want to do. If you didn't do as well as you had hoped, do not freak out, take stock, enjoy yourself and then re-focus. I did, failed French, and 11 years later earning more money than anyone in my entire year (with job satisfaction!!) so what I'm saying is, although well done to those who did well, those who didn't, it is NOT the end of the world.

Now go on your pesky youngsters and have a good un xx
    WELL I SUPPOSE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF MILLIONAIRES IN IRELAND THAT LEFT SCHOOL EARLY.
    BUT MY ADVICE WITH THE ECONOMIC CLIMATE THATS IN THIS COUNTRY NOW IT WOULD BE BETTER TO HAVE THE LEAVING CERT, EVEN IF THAT MEANS REPEATIN. AND THEN TO GET A DEGREE. AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO FALL BACK ON THEN.

JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH ANYWAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Absolutely get your degree, and I wholeheartedly advocate one, it's important to get one. What I am saying is though, if you did not manage to get the points for the degree you had hoped for, then it's no harm to go and do a Diploma-related subject for example and work from there.

Enough now patrickdt10, you should be out and about this evening vomiting into a traffic cone. Well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

[Generic "Well done!" comment]

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

535, only needed 345....

So very VERY happy, and a little shocked. Okay, REALLY shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

congrats and well done to you ppl =))))
    this will be me this time next yr now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

YEah, well done to all of yous. Hope yous are enjoying the night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I got 600, somehow...

Irish (H) - A1
    English (H) - A1
    Maths (H) - A2
    Chemistry (H) - A1 (How the bloody hell this happened I'll probably never know)
    Biology (H) - A1
    Physics (H) - A1
    Spanish (H) - A1
    Art (H) - B2 (I'm happy enough, because I did it myself outside of school)

As has been said already in numerous posts, really and truly well done to all. As Purplefistmixer said, it's been a tough two years. And I would say to enjoy the night out, but I guess you probably all are already... ;)

And a general thankyou to the boards.ie community, especially the leaving cert forum, for making the year a lot more bearable :)

Advertisement